Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-06-2007, 12:45 AM   #1
robbo_yobbo
Kick out tha Jams

Question attatch a Fiberglass bulge to a Steel Bonnet??

Hey all,
Ive seen a few final result pics on the forums of it being done before, but was just after a bit of detail of how it was actualy done.

I bought a Fiberglass bulge from ebay and it looks like this

First thing I need to know is if the fiberglass surrounding the bulge needs to be cut out, or if I should leave it there to give it more surface area to adheer to the bonnet. I want it to sit flush but dont see how this can realy be done effectiveley without cutting it out?

Second thing is should it be put over bare steel, or should the bonnet be left painted to avoid rust and just scuffed back ?

3rd - How do I actualy attatch it??? some kind of glue or resin??? what will hold fiberglass to steel/paint, or do I pop rivet it???

If anyone has any instructions, Id be most appreaciative to hear them, as I dont want it flying off my bonnet because the glue didnt hold in a couple of weeks! Thanks.