Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-12-2006, 09:48 PM   #1
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Default So.. Casper.. Where are we having the AU BBQ this Coming Year ??

Like the Title States , Lets Make it a Bigger than Ben-Hur One , Would love to help casper or Anyone that takes the Challenge to get the Ball Rolling !

So Post Ideas Guys in Victoria , Where Can we go and Have a Nice Family Fun Day , Ideas ????

Gumbuya Park - Located about 20mins Out of Pakenham , Loads of Rainforest , Kids Rides , 50 BBQ Areas with Seating for OVER 3500 People , See the Wildlife and Scenery of the Area ,

Phillip Island - BBQ Facilitys @ Cowes , Giant Beach Area , Heaps of Wide open Space ! Alternitavly We Could Have a Do at Amaze'N'Things in Phillip Island Same Deal but no Beach but HEAPS of Things to Do , MiniGolf , A Huge Maze to Get Lost in , Puzzles ,

Adventure Park - Geelong Based Theme Park with Rapid rider waterslide, tunnel of terror waterslides, paddle pop express train, classic antique carousel, go-karts, archery range, paddle boats, lake view 18 hole mini golf course, lazy river 18 hole mini golf course, jumping jets splash area, kiddies jumping castle, two flying foxes, aqua bikes, canoeing, par 3 golf course, gigantic adult jumping castle, moon bikes, merry-go-round, two volleyball courts and so much more. Lots of Space and BBQ Areas ,

Whoosha's House - Not Much Space , But would Be Pretty Cool lol

Albert Park - I Liked Last Year , Based at Albert Park Lake , Simple BBQ , Surrounded By Our AU's , The Odd Taxi , and The City , Could be a Go ?

Enough From Me , What is Everyone Thinking ,

Cheers
Daniel

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2006, 09:53 PM   #2
Futura01
horsepower

sydney ;-)
Futura01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2006, 10:23 PM   #3
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futura01
sydney ;-)
what he said.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:06 PM   #4
chief
FTF Club Moderator

I thought it was agreed it would be in Sydney. :P I am happy to help out.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2006, 10:26 PM   #5
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

I could be persuaded to come up to Siderny ... So Post Ideas Guys in Victoria 1st , then we will worry about Our Northern Sisters and Brothers

Old 04-12-2006, 10:32 PM   #6
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

We took our secondary students to the Alpine Toboggin Park in Whittlesea. $18 entry and unlimited rides. A huge carpark out the front to show the cars. Some of the rides were toboggin, easy to come off if you go flat out, the water slide, great for kids of all ages and sizes, the go karts, not fast, but 10 at a time, mini golf, and a few others.

There are large undercover areas to store stuff and sit down at tables and eat. Also, in each undercover area, there are BBQ facilities.

There's my idea anyway!

Cheers,

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2006, 02:14 AM   #7
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
We took our secondary students to the Alpine Toboggin Park in Whittlesea. $18 entry and unlimited rides. A huge carpark out the front to show the cars. Some of the rides were toboggin, easy to come off if you go flat out, the water slide, great for kids of all ages and sizes, the go karts, not fast, but 10 at a time, mini golf, and a few others.

There are large undercover areas to store stuff and sit down at tables and eat. Also, in each undercover area, there are BBQ facilities.

There's my idea anyway!

Cheers,

GK
I went there on a fordmods cruise, awesome day out, i deffinately recommend it
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2006, 03:02 AM   #8
OZFORDAU
Banned

Default Yup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK

There's my idea anyway!

Cheers,

GK
Gumbuya Park sounds good!

Adventure Park sounds awesome but it's too far away!

Cheers

Simon

Im very willing to help out! Very much so!
OZFORDAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2006, 10:32 PM   #9
HOTC2R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought they were talking about hold the next one at Hanging Rock as we needed more room for more cars
HOTC2R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2006, 10:54 PM   #10
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTC2R
I thought they were talking about hold the next one at Hanging Rock as we needed more room for more cars
Correct, Hanging rock is high on the list however I am open to suggestions. I'd like to hold it in March or April again (like last year) and, if theres enough interest, it will most certainly be a goer.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2006, 12:08 AM   #11
Sapper
Back to the AU

Sounds like the one Casper's organising won't be in Sydney, so......lets organise a Sydney one. Who's in?
Old 05-12-2006, 04:40 AM   #12
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot xr6
Sounds like the one Casper's organising won't be in Sydney, so......lets organise a Sydney one. Who's in?
Sydney would be easyer for me to get too.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:36 AM   #13
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot xr6
I'll second that, you young blokes organise this count me in to attend.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2006, 12:09 AM   #14
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Albury? Largest regional city that is approx half way between Melbourne and Sydney.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2006, 04:45 AM   #15
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDXR8BLOKE
Albury? Largest regional city that is approx half way between Melbourne and Sydney.
lol you're a bit off there ;p Melb to Albury is about 300km - Melb to Syd is about 850km ;p
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2006, 05:48 AM   #16
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

any ware with GAS FIRED BBQs.... : :nutsycuck

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2006, 07:27 AM   #17
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Im up for nything, dont really care where it goes.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2006, 12:10 PM   #18
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Sydney one sounds good ... but not IN SYDNEY itself ... I say somewhere on the outskirts ... or outer metro ... just to make it easier for people to stick together.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2006, 04:52 PM   #19
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

LOL, Hangind Rock would be the preffered site for Melbourne as Albert Park was a bit small, let me know if anyone needs a helping hand.

Personally, I wouldn't mind organising one in Canberra ACT as it's a beautiful drive up and not too busy on the weekends.

TROPHIES TOO??

Mick

1976 XB GS COUPE (waiting to start the rebuild)
KOUPE76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2006, 04:56 PM   #20
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUPRNT XR8
LOL, Hangind Rock would be the preffered site for Melbourne as Albert Park was a bit small, let me know if anyone needs a helping hand.

Personally, I wouldn't mind organising one in Canberra ACT as it's a beautiful drive up and not too busy on the weekends.

TROPHIES TOO??

Mick
there's an entry fee for hanging rock these days - what a crock ;p can't remember how much it was, something between $4-$7 when i went a few months ago. Sure it doesn't sound like heaps, but it's something to consider for you people, since albert park is free (but parking is $2 an hour or something there now too).
Old 05-12-2006, 05:00 PM   #21
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcrackers
there's an entry fee for hanging rock these days - what a crock ;p can't remember how much it was, something between $4-$7 when i went a few months ago. Sure it doesn't sound like heaps, but it's something to consider for you people, since albert park is free (but parking is $2 an hour or something there now too).
Albert park certainly wasn't free last year. There was a fair cost to sealing off our designated area.
Mick will know the full details but it wasn't cheap.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2006, 05:04 PM   #22
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Albert park certainly wasn't free last year. There was a fair cost to sealing off our designated area.
Mick will know the full details but it wasn't cheap.
oh really. everyone just ignore my comments
Old 05-12-2006, 05:13 PM   #23
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

Plus the actual cost of securing the grounds,all day parking fees and theirs insurance to consider which luckily I am only to happy to use my Public Liability Cover again for the next event as this is the first thing they ask for.

We could always have 2 BBQ's in the one year : :

Old 05-12-2006, 04:57 PM   #24
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:

TROPHIES TOO??

Mick

Canberra sounds like a decent central point ... and a good place for photos as well around the lake in different area. Easy driving roads ... and decent accomodation at good prices too.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2006, 05:39 PM   #25
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:

TROPHIES TOO??

Mick
Now that is a very good suggestion Mick, can the Victorians handle it !
I reckon NSW could get a good roll up.....

and Mick ! TROPHIES TOO :
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2006, 06:11 PM   #26
b2tf
not here much anymore

Bugger Canberra what about WAGGA! :hihi: Halfway for everybody and we have alright weather up here :Reverend:
Old 05-12-2006, 07:03 PM   #27
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Bugger Canberra what about WAGGA! :hihi: Halfway for everybody and we have alright weather up here :Reverend:
YES, true about the weather, but those damn DRIVEWAYS : :jab:
Nah, seriously though, Wagga is a great place for a BBQ and a nice drive.

Keep the suggestions coming guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedriver
Now that is a very good suggestion Mick, can the Victorians handle it !
I reckon NSW could get a good roll up.....

and Mick ! TROPHIES TOO
Yeah I reckon we can, well most of us anyway.
Cool, I'll start looking into the trophies :

Mick

Old 05-12-2006, 06:26 PM   #28
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

i Wouldnt Mind Driving somewhere , Like Albury , Sydney or Wagga !

Old 05-12-2006, 06:48 PM   #29
I6corp
Was V6corp

lol I say A.C.T! But I'm willing to travel too :P
Planned Engine Mods: ; Extractors; Tickford CAI; Twin Mufflers; Shift Kit; Hi-Stall; Cam; ECU Flash
Bling Mods: Tinted Windows; JVC CD/DVD HU
Planned Bling Mods: TS50 Front; High Series bonnet; Rebel Skirts and Rear Bar; SL Springs; Clear Side Indicators; Rear Spolier; Mags
I6corp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2006, 06:50 PM   #30
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

I think the two main things to consider is:

1: size - this year at albert park numbers had to capped, and even then the area was a bit small(it worked, but more room for manoveruing cars once others got in would of been good)

2: Barbies avalible - The one this year at albert park, the barby area was constantly heavily packed, even though we had two hot plates going at the same time for us.

Apart from that, i don't think the location is important.

Cheers
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post