Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 12:31 PM   #1
Sprint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Cats and Cars

Well the title could have ben pussies and cars

Cats, Felines, domestic cats

How do you deal with your cats and your prize cars duco?, do the climb all over your car?. I don't want to start a war between cat lover and haters but I have a issue with some stray cats coming from somewhere local, I literally don't want to put my freshy washed car out only to wake up to cat tracks all over it. Only to clean it for the next day and the days after that. The situation has me quiet annoyed.

Is there a way of discouraging cats to climb on your car short of using TNT?. They love to climb high and bask in the sun and are lured by warm bonnets.

I know this may seem petty but I'm a dog person, dogs generally don't climb on cars.
This user likes this post:
Old 12-10-2015, 12:39 PM   #2
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Cats and Cars

We've got 5 cats in the vicinity but they don't seem to climb on our cars?

We don't do anything to avoid it either, odd.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:39 PM   #3
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just about every morning I go to my car and there are little paw-prints on on both the front and rear windscreens. He/she jumps down from neighbours fence onto my bonnet.

Doesn't bother me really, my daily is just a daily. I do get a laugh occasionally if it's been a cold night though, the cat stacks it and leaves skiddies all over the windscreen.

I will take a pic before and after then upload it.
6 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2015, 12:45 PM   #4
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint View Post
Well the title could have ben pussies and cars

Cats, Felines, domestic cats

How do you deal with your cats and your prize cars duco?, do the climb all over your car?. I don't want to start a war between cat lover and haters but I have a issue with some stray cats coming from somewhere local, I literally don't want to put my freshy washed car out only to wake up to cat tracks all over it. Only to clean it for the next day and the days after that. The situation has me quiet annoyed.

Is there a way of discouraging cats to climb on your car short of using TNT?. They love to climb high and bask in the sun and are lured by warm bonnets.

I know this may seem petty but I'm a dog person, dogs generally don't climb on cars.
So do you have a dog or no?

If the cats are strays, ring the Council and see if they can loan you a cat trap.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Old 12-10-2015, 12:57 PM   #5
damo76
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We have 2 cats, one of the cats loves to sleep on the canvas roof of the jeep, have to make sure hes off when i start reversing aswell, sometimes he stretches and digs his claws in to the canvas.
The other cat loves to sleep on the bonnet of the cars when just got back from a drive.
Think its safer and warmer for them. I have tried shooing them off many times but yer every morning there is skid marks and hair all over the bonnet and windows.
Doesn't really bother me but if you has prize car duco yes it would.
If you see the cat on there try squirt it with water.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:01 PM   #6
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I leave the windows down in my car, they enjoy sleeping on the seats and the rear parcel shelf. I couldn't give a toss what they do to the interior, it's only a car.

Old 12-10-2015, 01:55 PM   #7
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 Concorde View Post
I leave the windows down in my car, they enjoy sleeping on the seats and the rear parcel shelf.

[/URL]
If cats ever evolve like we did, you're gonna be their version of God
7 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2015, 02:04 PM   #8
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
If cats ever evolve like we did, you're gonna be their version of God
I've noticed they've a real preference for leather over cloth for sleeping on. I've never had them scratch my car, scratch the leather or puncture the leather.

I'd rather they sleep in my car or on my cars than someone elses vehicle.

Talk about the killing of wildlife Stinky Ninja, come up to where I live in the north eastern suburbs (Swan Valley area). There you'll see massive de-homing of kangaroo's and other wildlife due to urban sprawl and property development.

Cats are the least of my concern for the killing of wildlife. Human's are the biggest culprit, however I digress.
Old 12-10-2015, 05:09 PM   #9
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:
I've noticed they've a real preference for leather over cloth for sleeping on. I've never had them scratch my car, scratch the leather or puncture the leather.

I'd rather they sleep in my car or on my cars than someone elses vehicle.

Talk about the killing of wildlife Stinky Ninja, come up to where I live in the north eastern suburbs (Swan Valley area). There you'll see massive de-homing of kangaroo's and other wildlife due to urban sprawl and property development.

Cats are the least of my concern for the killing of wildlife. Human's are the biggest culprit, however I digress.
Cats that are left to roam free kill alot of local birdlife and this could be easily prevented by caring owners taking better care of their pets...
It comes down to "care factor",most cat owners have "zero carefactor" Unfortunately,their usual response is "that's what they do just get over it"
Nothing can be done about humans killing kangaroos especially if they have permission to develop property... there is no shortage of kangaroos!
If calm had concerns about species being wiped out they would not approve such developments.
You are essentially disagreeing with development that is law and calm approved and saying its ok for cats to kill wildlife which could in most cases be prevented by decent cat owners,typical cat owners response...
Cat owners usually don't care what damage their pets inflict on the environment or other peoples cars..

Last edited by STINKY NINJA; 12-10-2015 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:57 PM   #10
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINKY NINJA View Post
Cats that are left to roam free kill alot of local birdlife and this could be easily prevented by caring owners taking better care of their pets...
It comes down to "care factor",most cat owners have "zero carefactor" Unfortunately,their usual response is "that's what they do just get over it"
Nothing can be done about humans killing kangaroos especially if they have permission to develop property... there is no shortage of kangaroos!
If calm had concerns about species being wiped out they would not approve such developments.
You are essentially disagreeing with development that is law and calm approved and saying its ok for cats to kill wildlife which could in most cases be prevented by decent cat owners,typical cat owners response...
Cat owners usually don't care what damage their pets inflict on the environment or other peoples cars..
Rubbish. Human are responsible for the destruction of the environment we live in. Blaming a domestic pet for the destruction of wildlife is drawing a very long bow...

I am agreeing that our government permits the destruction of the land in which our wildlife lives and does not care.

I live my life by a few rules, #1 rule is I don't believe anything the government tells me.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:06 PM   #11
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
There were a pack of rabid greenies over here in NZ singing the same tune in a small bush clad town. These POS were responsible for up to 20 domestic cats going missing. And the end result had the opposite intention, the rats bred like crazy and native bird life went into decline as they had gotten into bird nests. But hey, she will be a cold day in hell when a greenies idea works out in the real world.

F6 Concorde, I'd be a bit hesitant in letting your cats over that interior. I had my window down half and one of the cats got in. When exiting it must have slipped and dug its claws into the door card. Not too much of a major but it would make a right mess of your leather.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:45 PM   #12
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I leave the windows down in my car, they enjoy sleeping on the seats and the rear parcel shelf. I couldn't give a toss what they do to the interior, it's only a car.

I don't get the it's only a car comment, it's probably the second biggest expense in your life and you are happy to have it damaged and destroyed for no reason??

I have a mate who always drive new cars and they trash them in no time, recently his wife scratched the crap out of the bonnet of an almost brand new 50K SUV, and when I cringed she said, 'it's only a car what does it matter.'

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 12-10-2015, 06:07 PM   #13
damo76
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
I don't get the it's only a car comment, it's probably the second biggest expense in your life and you are happy to have it damaged and destroyed for no reason??

I have a mate who always drive new cars and they trash them in no time, recently his wife scratched the crap out of the bonnet of an almost brand new 50K SUV, and when I cringed she said, 'it's only a car what does it matter.'
My ex says that.. they have no idea.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:17 PM   #14
Sprint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well I wont mention cat spray either shall I?.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2015, 01:44 PM   #15
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Where I live its Illegal for Cats to be let out at night so I shouldn't really have that problem, but there are strays in the area..

What I do have is Possums, not good for the paint
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Old 12-10-2015, 01:44 PM   #16
STINKY NINJA
Banned

I have issues with a certain cat sliding around on my g6et when its dirty and leaving fine scratches everywhere,theres nothing legal you can do about it...
Dogs need to be locked up but cats can roam free killing wildlife at will and basically doing what they please with no consequences,go figure?
Old 12-10-2015, 02:08 PM   #17
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I have issues with a certain cat sliding around on my g6et when its dirty and leaving fine scratches everywhere,theres nothing legal you can do about it...
Dogs need to be locked up but cats can roam free killing wildlife at will and basically doing what they please with no consequences,go figure?
They have to be locked up at night on the Mornington Peninsula VIC
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Old 12-10-2015, 03:19 PM   #18
Brodes
Brodes

I've had no trouble with cats, it's just dogs that I've found are the problem. Years ago I came home after a weeks shift out bush to find my (now ex) girldfriend's great dane using my XE S-pac falcon as a lounge. Roof, boot & bonnet were all scratched & dented to the max. Tiny feline paw prints are much more welcome.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:41 PM   #19
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If they are strays get a cat trap from local Council/Ranger/Shelter/Vet etc, stray cats are a feral pest and need to be gotten rid of, if they are pets they should not be out and they should be microchipped.

No micro chip and they are a feral pest.

And yes we do have a cat and it does not go on any of my cars.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 12-10-2015, 03:49 PM   #20
henry351

You could try this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbkLjjlMV8
5 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2015, 04:09 PM   #21
Sprint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry351 View Post
haha that was great
Old 12-10-2015, 06:10 PM   #22
damo76
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
cats don't **** on cars, they always dig a hole and bury there no1's and no2's.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:42 PM   #23
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo76 View Post
cats don't **** on cars, they always dig a hole and bury there no1's and no2's.
Cats pee down the vents on cars at the top of the bonnet/bottom of the windscreen,its a dirty disgusting thing,until you have experienced it you will never know how bad it really is...
As already mentioned its the owners fault.
Nothing like having cat crap in your kids sandpit...
They are dirty disgusting animals.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:37 PM   #24
Carrion

Quote:
Ah the interwebs a golden place

Old 12-10-2015, 06:45 PM   #25
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My pop used to crush up some aspirin and put it in a saucer of milk, cats didn't come back after that...
Old 12-10-2015, 03:59 PM   #26
Sprint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
If they are strays get a cat trap from local Council/Ranger/Shelter/Vet etc, stray cats are a feral pest and need to be gotten rid of, if they are pets they should not be out and they should be microchipped.

No micro chip and they are a feral pest.

And yes we do have a cat and it does not go on any of my cars.
This cat may live a few streets away and the owner not feed him?, he's the type of tomcat that seems to roam where he likes and not give a ****, you chase him and he only turns to stare at you as if to say **** you, you might say he's possessed,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodes
I've had no trouble with cats, it's just dogs that I've found are the problem. Years ago I came home after a weeks shift out bush to find my (now ex) girldfriend's great dane using my XE S-pac falcon as a lounge. Roof, boot & bonnet were all scratched & dented to the max. Tiny feline paw prints are much more welcome.
Oh dear, I don't need a small horse or hoove prints on my panels. sorry but that's a car horror story.
Old 12-10-2015, 04:37 PM   #27
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint View Post
This cat may live a few streets away and the owner not feed him?, he's the type of tomcat that seems to roam where he likes and not give a ****, you chase him and he only turns to stare at you as if to say **** you, you might say he's possessed
Yep trap him and take him to the nearest shelter, the owner is responsible for looking after his cats/dogs etc, so if the owner does not give a **** why should you suffer. Chances are he won't be chipped so he is feral.

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 12-10-2015, 04:45 PM   #28
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Give the car a few coats of the slickest wax you can find.
Old 12-10-2015, 05:10 PM   #29
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWasp View Post
Give the car a few coats of the slickest wax you can find.
Seriously though,apart from feral cats the majority of the problem lies with cat owners that absolutely don't give a toss about anything or anyone else but themselves!
If they looked after their pets the problem would not exist,end of story!

Last edited by Professor Farnsworth; 12-10-2015 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:21 PM   #30
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Its not the cats fault they wander the neighbourhood. Its the owners that let them wander.

Please don't blame the cats or suggest harming of cats. Blame the owners.
Closed Thread