Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-10-2008, 06:43 PM   #1
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Default Compliance sticker mistake from factory?

Hey everyone, Just had my ute in for a rwc to clear some defects for the cops. Its a BAII xr8 and it failed the roadworthy because the compliance sticker on the side of the door [its on the end that pivots off the car] didnt have the number of seats printed on the sticker. RWC guy said its a mistake from factory so I went to see Ford and none of them had even heard of it happening before so they rang some dude to find out but being late friday he already left so i'll have to wait till monday. The ford guy said he doesnt even know how'll they'll go about getting a new sticker made up. Anyone heard of this happening before?
cheers
Luke

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2008, 08:05 PM   #2
PoMmYwOG

you would think it would all have ben checked when it left the factory and before it was delivered...

06' Mazda SP23
5spd auto
Luxury pack
PoMmYwOG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2008, 08:11 PM   #3
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

They can make up new stickers, but it's very rare they have to do this and it's also very rare that they print new ones up. When Ford scrap cars, some go to auction and every now and again a car that was meant for the scrap heap is in good enough nick to be sold so they have to get new stickers printed up.

Have fun trying to get it done, don't think you'll have too much a hassle with your situation.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2008, 08:48 PM   #4
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seen a few cars with no seat number listed on the compliance plate and they have all been registered fine.
Surely the muppets at the roadworthy realise its been registered before and there wasnt a problem. Take it to another guy
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2008, 09:00 PM   #5
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Theres 2 stickers on the BA...
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2008, 09:44 PM   #6
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

i used to make them at work, just go to a signwriter. not legal but meh... it gets them on the road.

BA XR6 Ute, twin throttlebodied blueprint.
GORDZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2008, 02:04 PM   #7
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDZ
i used to make them at work, just go to a signwriter. not legal but meh... it gets them on the road.

Rofl

Bulk discount orders? :
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2008, 05:25 AM   #8
Darkr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Where is the second sticker?

My one in the engine bay is falling off and barely readable.
Old 18-10-2008, 09:23 AM   #9
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Well its had a few roadworthys done on it in the past from previous owners but old mate doing the rwc was pretty picky. I cant see the big deal really, whos going to compare the number of seats on the rwc to the sticker, clearly it has 2. But ive already paid for the rwc so I'll see how I go with Ford as to getting a new sticker before I get a rwc elsewhere

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Old 18-10-2008, 09:45 AM   #10
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That RWC guy must be complete D@&%. How does he expect this gets fixed?

I can't see how Ford would make another compliance sticker? If it was that easy anyone could steal a couple of cars go to ford spare parts get some stickers made up of some non stolen cars in a car yard and sell them interstate.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2008, 12:45 PM   #11
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
That RWC guy must be complete D@&%. How does he expect this gets fixed?

I can't see how Ford would make another compliance sticker? If it was that easy anyone could steal a couple of cars go to ford spare parts get some stickers made up of some non stolen cars in a car yard and sell them interstate.
You have to hand in the old sticker to get new ones done. And i work at PD in Ford, so it's hard for us to get them as well, but we have to still provide a fair amount of info on the car.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2008, 03:22 PM   #12
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

you must be able to get them, what happens at a smash repair when the have to paint the drivers door or strut tower?

By the way, the inspector sounds like a muppet, tell him this is the last time he will see the car, thanks for the stuff around.
Old 18-10-2008, 05:16 PM   #13
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
you must be able to get them, what happens at a smash repair when the have to paint the drivers door or strut tower?

By the way, the inspector sounds like a muppet, tell him this is the last time he will see the car, thanks for the stuff around.

Why is he being a muppet? Doing his job with due care and dilligence (as he is legally required to do) If everybody else before him had done their job there wouldn't be problem for him.
Old 18-10-2008, 08:49 PM   #14
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlewy86
Why is he being a muppet? Doing his job with due care and dilligence (as he is legally required to do) If everybody else before him had done their job there wouldn't be problem for him.
So he is holding up someone regisering a car because it has a typ on the compliance sticker, even though it has made it all the way through Ford QC and registration/PD. The VIN can be easily confirmed by matching the number on the sticker with that that is stamped into the chassis.

I just do not see a justifiable reason to stuff someone around over a typo that has obvioulsly not bothered anyone else, do you think he is really the only one that has noticed it.
Old 18-10-2008, 11:29 PM   #15
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
So he is holding up someone regisering a car because it has a typ on the compliance sticker, even though it has made it all the way through Ford QC and registration/PD. The VIN can be easily confirmed by matching the number on the sticker with that that is stamped into the chassis.

I just do not see a justifiable reason to stuff someone around over a typo that has obvioulsly not bothered anyone else, do you think he is really the only one that has noticed it.
Exactly, and its not like the number of seats is hard to figure out. What a clown, why wouldn't you just ignore it?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2008, 09:54 AM   #16
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Quote:

Well even more so its not even to register the thing. It is registered, I just need a RWC to show the police I have fixed my defects. They only want to see that they are fixed, the guy even knows this

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Old 18-10-2008, 07:26 PM   #17
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I checked the Hiaces and Commuter buses at work today and none of them list seat number, just has a blank space.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2008, 10:41 AM   #18
Rob's 76 Effy
Lion Tammer

Omg he should only be clearing the defects that are listed on the notice not finding new ones, what a dangle berry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOCO XP
When asked what happened by the police, my mate stated he had a few beers and gave the car a rev, to which they replied "What's the black stuff all over the concrete?" which he promptly stated "Rev dust" whilst holding back the laughs
Rob's 76 Effy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2008, 12:11 PM   #19
20focus05
I wanna XR5

Tell you what if you had a crash and an insurance company got involved IT would be picked up. If it was your insurance company they would use it to not pay out.

It also could be used against you if you had an accident which seriously injured someone, the legal people would have a field day with you.

As said pervious what the hell happens when the car damaged where the stickers are!!!

Ex Ford owner and member of this great site for ages.

South Australia, where the RIGHT hand lane is the NEW LEFT lane??????!!! %&#@*
20focus05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2008, 01:05 PM   #20
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20focus05
Tell you what if you had a crash and an insurance company got involved IT would be picked up. If it was your insurance company they would use it to not pay out.

It also could be used against you if you had an accident which seriously injured someone, the legal people would have a field day with you.

As said pervious what the hell happens when the car damaged where the stickers are!!!
Don't think so.... the insurance company would need to show how that sticker that is missing that silly little number contributed to the accident.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2008, 01:16 PM   #21
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Quote:

Firstly I work in the insurance industry - and I know the company I work for would not, not pay an insurance claim because the compliance sticker had a blank on it rather than the number of seats.

The thing is that the INSURED would have to be found negligent in not providing this information. If the vehicle has left the manufacturer like this than it is not the insured’s responsibility to know that this is a discrepancy. It is a myth that most insurance companies won't pay out over something as trivial as this - I know first hand of many many claims that have been paid out successfully with a lot more suss stuff than this going on.

What I am concerned about is whether or not the guidelines for issuing a RWC state that the compliance plate must legally be correct and all information complete. If this is in the guidelines than the RWC provider is probably doing the right thing in order to cover his own butt in the case of any potential Public Liability claims from issuing the safety certificate.

As always there are many sides to the story.

For what it’s worth my FPV ute does state 2 seats on the compliance plate so would assume that it is definitely a mistake from Ford - which sucks.

Thing is that it is not the RWC guys fault that you got defected for whatever reason. But legally it is his name that goes on the safety report and if the guidelines state that the compliance plate must be ridgey didge than he is doing the right thing. He is issuing the certificate to state that the vehicle adheres to and meets all safety regulations not just that the defects have been fixed.

Personally I would be finding out what the guidelines for issuing a Safety Certificate in your state are and seeing if he is just being pedantic or if he has a point.

I wonder if it is not compulsary for a commercial vehicle to state the seating capacity - worth checking if it can fast track this mess.
Old 19-10-2008, 10:15 PM   #22
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

even if the insurance company jacked up ford would then be liable
Quote:

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2008, 01:43 PM   #23
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wait!
The compliance sticker is on ther door?
WHat happens if down the track when the car is old, the door is swapped with another car? Or is the door gets damaged, so a new one is needed? They are putting the sticker on a part of the car that is easily swapped out? doesnt sound right. And if it is.. its silly
What if I swapped doors with a ute? different number of seats etc.
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2008, 09:20 PM   #24
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77
Wait!
The compliance sticker is on ther door?
WHat happens if down the track when the car is old, the door is swapped with another car? Or is the door gets damaged, so a new one is needed? They are putting the sticker on a part of the car that is easily swapped out? doesnt sound right. And if it is.. its silly
What if I swapped doors with a ute? different number of seats etc.
Its stuck to the door cavity on the body, not the door itself.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2008, 12:55 AM   #25
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Its stuck to the door cavity on the body, not the door itself.

the compliance sticker on the side of the door [its on the end that pivots off the car]
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2008, 10:31 AM   #26
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77
the compliance sticker on the side of the door [its on the end that pivots off the car]
Yeah I meant on the body, quite clearly everyone knew what i meant.

I do plan on having Ford try to sort it out for my but they did say it could take quite a few weeks they weren't sure as they haven't had to do it before so in the meantime I still need to get a RWC with the 'dodgy' sticker. I dont really have time with work and everything to find out the rules and regs to see if old mate is right in failing it.
So I have found the RWC from when I bought the ute in March and I'm going to ring them today and explain the deal and see if they'll do it for me. That is assuming I can go to another shop to get a RWC after I failed a few days ago elsewhere. Have heard in NSW that isn't allowed but not sure about QLD

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Old 20-10-2008, 11:15 AM   #27
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Well just spoke to another auto shop and he said I have to take it back to the original place, but all I need is a receipt from Ford saying I've paid for a new one which I dont think I should have to pay for it or a letter saying its being rectified but may take a few weeks to come through and he'll have to pass it

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Old 20-10-2008, 01:03 PM   #28
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Have you tried ringing the Department of Transport and talking to a vehicle examiner to see if they see this as an issue and something that cause a RWC to be rejected. I would imagine they would not although the probably would request that it be rectified.
Old 20-10-2008, 01:14 PM   #29
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Well got told to ring Ford CRC and the lady there said Ford dont remake stickers or plates anymore nor could she write me a letter. She said get someone at the local Ford dealer to sight everything and write up a letter but check with QLD transport. So after 1/2hr on hold I got some clown as per usual with them that couldn't give me a definate answer but 'it should be fine'.
Rang the local Ford back and he was fine with doing the letter then rings back 5mins later and says the manager isn't too happy about it but he was going to see him again about it and haven't heard anything back yet...

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Old 20-10-2008, 06:56 PM   #30
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ring Ford back and tell them " you sold me an illegal unregisterable car ( which technicaly it is) if you don't solve this by close of buisness today i'll take it to a solicitor . they are liable to rectify this and fast as you can't clear the defects without it
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenz
Well got told to ring Ford CRC and the lady there said Ford dont remake stickers or plates anymore nor could she write me a letter. She said get someone at the local Ford dealer to sight everything and write up a letter but check with QLD transport. So after 1/2hr on hold I got some clown as per usual with them that couldn't give me a definate answer but 'it should be fine'.
Rang the local Ford back and he was fine with doing the letter then rings back 5mins later and says the manager isn't too happy about it but he was going to see him again about it and haven't heard anything back yet...

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post