Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 20-03-2012, 09:27 PM   #1
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Whos running the Team Dynamics rims?

I know at least one of you guys are, just can't remember who. Also have they remained straight?, I'm having to bite the bullet and get new rims because all 4 or the originals are bananas now and I've decided against getting them straightened since I'm sick of having to baby the car everywhere just to avoid bent wheels. so I wanted to ask/check on the strength of the pro race 1.2's, probably getting the 16's unless I get some feedback that the 17's are almost unbendable

greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Whos running the Team Dynamics rims?

Decided to get the 17 inch x 7's 45et in anthracite, that way with 205-45's I'll have an extra 5mm of tyre height over the 16's + hopefully stronger wheels. More room for potholes, less revs which might almost offest the more resistance, speedo will be more correct, all round win. Will order them soon.

In case anyone is interested, running the spare on the front has dropped our average fuel consumption from 5.6 to 5.3 :S makes you wonder how far into the 4's these cars would run with 4 skinny tyres on.
Old 25-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #3
geelong festy

I've had them for over a year and no problems. 17x7's in silver with 205/40/17. I haven't 'curbed' them yet, fortunately, but I'd cry if I did. I've hit a lot of pot holes (as you'd expect here in Victoria) but not a mark to be seen. Almost no wheel weights on them with the Federal 595 EVO's fitted. The most important thing is there strenght-to-weight ratio. Much lighter than those crappy Chinese rims that everyone seems to be fitting! Did you know that the brand is homologated for the Aussie V8's? The poms do 'race' products very well and they weren't expensive.
Fiesta WS, Milltek tubular exhaust manifold' 200 cell cat, full milltek stainless race system, j1 CAI, Bluefin remap, ford race shifter, Team Dynamics Race rims 17x7', Spax Coil Overs, iridium plugs, CFM 8.5mm leads, R1 drilled & grooved discs & ceramic pads, HEL braided s/s brake lines, econetic front under tray & fitting kit, CG Belt lock, Bridgestone RE002, Armster arm rest, Rack limiter, PowerFlex Bushes.

FOR SALE!!
geelong festy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #4
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi mate that's good to know did you bend up your stock rims over the same potholes or just change them as a general upgrade?. I'm constantly amazed how easy you can get a serious wobble in the standard wheels over the smallest of potholes. Also I have been reading up on rims pretty seriously and the Team Dynamic rims seemed one of the best for racing and when you drive in country Victoria every day is more or less a rally stage, I actually considered a full race 15" gravel stage rim from Team Dynamics but that was maybe a bit overkill.

I'm looking to get them from the UK at the moment unless the local importer can come very close to the UK price + 400 pounds postage (about $1100-1200 aud)
Old 25-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #5
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

make sure you put up some pictures when you get them!!!!
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #6
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sure will, but for now these are the rim and colour I'm talking about, the Fiesta is Silver

Old 26-03-2012, 02:20 PM   #7
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

I've seen these wheels on a MKII Focus RS racecar and imho they looked great!

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #8
Fiesta God
Ford Fiesta

Couldn't afford them but love them.

IMO 10-12 spoke alloys look the bomb on a Fiesta.

Even my cheapish CSA Sword wheels have been so much better than the stock alloys. Much stronger, wheel alignment after 6 months was still basically perfect ... and they more than took care of a large pothole on the Sth Gippy Freeway the other day.

The stock WS Fiesta alloys are a joke
Old 28-03-2012, 01:21 PM   #9
Ms_Jam

Just for future reference, could those who have bought the Team Dynamics rims tell us exactly where they bought them,i.e the retailer?

I have to say I would be reluctant to get them through eBay from overseas, just in case empty boxes arrive, the specifications are wrong etc.

Touch wood, I have been lucky with my Fiesta rims to date. But you never know what the future holds.
Ms_Jam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #10
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

There is a guy on fordxr4.com who purchased a set from England, I can't remember who from but he said he would recommend Demon Tweeks if he had his turn over.

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #11
Spinner77

Demon Tweeks!

What a great name!

Hope they won a marketing award for it.
Spinner77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #12
Moorie

Here they are, no prices online for the rims though.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/
Moorie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2012, 11:48 PM   #13
Fiesta God
Ford Fiesta

Or you can use www.alloywheels.com ... they are a UK site, had a mate get wheels from them and he was very happy.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:12 AM   #14
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta God
Or you can use www.alloywheels.com ... they are a UK site, had a mate get wheels from them and he was very happy.
That's where JeffC over at FordXR4 got his from, he got Black ones for his Silver XR4 ... they arrived very quickly, with no damage too.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2012, 04:10 AM   #15
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ended up ordering these rims out of Ireland from http://www.performancealloys.com .

The two sales guys that I talked to had very mild accents and were not any problem to talk to. The guy in the front room that picked up the phone today though...... stuff me if I could work out more than 50% of what he said lol, luckily he understood me and put me through to the sales guy.

There's a bit of a story with the Team Dynamics wheels, each set is made at the Rimstock factory after you order them, they have half finished wheels in the factory semi ready to go. When you place your order they machine them and paint them up then send them to the dealer.

I wanted an offset of et45 which would give me a track somewhere between the standard 16x6.5 wheel (et41.5) offset and the optional 17x7 (et47.5). You can if you want to pay a little extra and wait some weeks get them made just about anyway you want, which is good!. I was going to get the wheels machined to fit straight on the hubs, that was an extra $80 for the 4 wheels but decided in the end to use rings again just to save on time because the current wheels on the car are bent badly and the tyres are about finished too.

The problem with the ET45 offset was that means they had to do extra machining on the wheel and would give me a 4-6 week wait for the wheels. Or I could go for the standard wheel they do for Fiesta's and Focus's which are already machined to ET38 and there's then only a 6-10 day wait. So in the end I went with the ET38 wheels, the track is going to be about the same as the 16 inch which will be fine just not exactly as I had planed it.

They are not an expensive wheel given the quality of them. The V8's run the same wheel unpainted and I see them bouncing off kerbs all day so hopefully they withstand the local roads much better than the plasticine Ford items did . I should have them in around 2 weeks so will post some pictures then

Last edited by greenfoam; 29-05-2012 at 04:16 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #16
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Team Dynamics have finished building the wheels, now they just need to get on a plane :0. Must be about time to research tyres
Old 04-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #17
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

How much did it set you back for a set of 4?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #18
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im definitely interested in seeing how these look....
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2012, 02:32 AM   #19
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They are going to look the same as they do on every other car lol. The main reason I want them is to stop bending rims. Function before form But they will look just like this, except Anthracite on a Silver car

Last edited by greenfoam; 06-06-2012 at 02:39 AM.
Old 15-06-2012, 08:11 PM   #20
07xr4
Starter Motor

I orderd mine from performancealloys.com and 2 of the wheels arrived damaged, they were packed in a crappy box with only a wimpy plastic strip around the edge of the wheel.

i tried a few times to get into contact with them and they would never get back to me.

So all in all the customer service was crap and the packaging was done as if they were getting deliverd doen the road.

Hopefully your wheels arrive in one piece.
07xr4 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #21
Ms_Jam

Can I ask a dumb question?

First, let me say I am having no trouble with my original wheels on my WS Fiesta Zetec. I just want to be prepared in case something happens.

Here is my question. How do you know what Team Dynamics wheels to get?

I was just looking through the vast range on Demon Tweeks. If I had to replace my current wheels, I would not know where to start. I would be looking first to strength. Are wheels with a lot of spokes better than those with just a few? Are thin spokes to be avoided? Are there things about the names of the wheels which give you information about their features, like R?

Sorry if this is a hopelessly basic question.
Old 18-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #22
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

07xr4, I hope mine arrive undamaged too!. How bad did your wheels get banged around? were the wheels bent or just scratched up a bit?. Mine are only going from airport to airport so hopefully don't need to get handled too many times. I should be picking them up tomorrow (I think). I didn't imagine they would be packed in anything other than a standard cardboard box like all wheels are in. It should be enough unless someone decides to get rough with them.

Ms_Jam, I think mostly the strength of the wheel depends on the strength of the alloy it's made from, not just the design of the spokes. As for fitting the WS Fiesta takes a wheel size of 4x108(pcd) with an offset of 41-48, you can stretch this to an offset of 38 like I have, so long as you have those numbers when you ask for wheels you should be ok. 16x6, 16x7, 17x6 or 17x7 inch wheels are all OK. I'm getting 17x7
Old 18-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #23
07xr4
Starter Motor

one wheel had some paint taken off and another had a actually ding inwards from the top of the edge of the wheel.

let me know how you go. fingers crossed.
Old 18-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #24
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok mate I'll let you know, given that I'm driving with wheels bent more than an inch at the moment, I'd take paint damage as nothing too bad. I drive on a lot of unsealed roads so this kind of thing is going to happen sooner or later. I'm mainly after a strong rim. Of course I'd prefer them arrive mint so I'll hope for that .

One thing since you are experienced in wheel buying, did you get yours sent airport to airport freight and if so how does it work? does someone call you and then you go and get them from some warehouse at the airport?
Old 18-06-2012, 08:42 PM   #25
07xr4
Starter Motor

Yeah but when your paying for a brand new product you want it in brand new condition. I had to pick my wheels up from the freight company in botany.

I had to pay import taxes and customs because mine came in at $1009 because I got them custom painted over in the uk,wich If I did it again I would defiantly get that done here.
Old 20-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #26
Ms_Jam

Thanks for your help Greenfoam.

I really like the ride of my 16 inch original wheels on my WS Fiesta, especially with the 195/45/16 pZero Nero tyres. What I can't seem to find on the web are the specifications of these wheels, so that I can duplicate them exactly to the original if I need to.

Where is that information, do you know? E.g. the exact width, exact offset etc?
Old 20-06-2012, 11:13 AM   #27
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The 16 inch wheels are 16x6.5 inch 4x108 pcd with an offset of 41.5. Exactly.

Getting these wheels is turning into a massive pain in the ***. If you ever are buying wheels from overseas don't do airport to airport pickup. They tell me there's approx a $150 cost to pay the local freight company that moves them from one shed to another, alone and that's without getting any bill from Customs. Plus they reckon I could be waiting 2 hours to talk to customs after I pick them up. All up it's not worth the $300 saving over direct to your door freight.

In the end this is making more and more angry with Ford for putting such soft wheels on the car in the first place
Old 21-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #28
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Finally got these wheels. After a giant hassle...

Just some things for future reference. If you order wheels and get airport to airport delivery it's a big pain in the *** to collect the wheels. You need to pay the airline freight when you order the wheels, then you need to pay the freight company in the local Airport $150 for moving them to their shed....

Then you need to pay some guys $150 to print you a "self customs check" which means basically you say there's nothing anti customs in the freight. If the goods are over $1000 then you need to pay GST etc etc, luckily I didn't have to pay that and also didn't get randomly selected for a quarantine inspection which would have been another $100 I'm sure but still in the end I saved nothing over having them delivered to my door and it cost me a big drive and a day to go and get them. It takes quite a while to go from building to building to building to get all this done. So for everyone else just remember it's better to get them delivered to your door as then it's not a personal import and the freight company already have a certificate to clear customs and that saves that self check $150 scam they have going on. imho Customs should at least take that money themselves rather than outsourcing that job to these guys that just print it out since you have to go to Customs first anyway.

After all that I must say the wheels themselves are AWESOME and arrived in perfect condition. The build quality on the wheel and all that is top notch, the look much better in person, pictures of them don't do justice.

Got some 205-40/17 Toyo proxes 4's to go on them tomorrow, might not be the best tyres around but I think they will be ok for the money.
Old 21-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #29
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here's a couple pictures. Team Dynamics pro race 1.2. 4x408 pcd, 17x7, ET38 in the colour Anthracite. They are considerably better looking and more shiny than I could capture on the camera. There's a bit of a casting flaw on the back of this rim but should be ok. I've read that happens sometimes, you can see it in the picture.

Last edited by greenfoam; 21-06-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old 21-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #30
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Want!
Would look so good on my tango Zetec. Might have to upgrade to rear discs though, the drums would look a bit tiny behind them.