Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-07-2022, 12:40 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Post Triton 2023 Reveal ?

"Depending on where you live, the Mitsubishi L200 might be called Triton or Strada in your country. It's also a Fiat Fullback or a Ram 1200, and with the next-generation model, it might be associated with yet another truck. It is believed the Mk6 model will be twinned with the Navara to help the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi alliance maximize efficiency by rolling out a global unified platform for their workhorses in this segment.

The Navara itself is no stranger to derivatives, having been used as a foundation for the Renault Alaskan and the defunct Mercedes X-Class. Even if the two utes will share an architecture, expect their designs inside and out to be substantially different in the same vein as the new VW Amarok / Ford Ranger. The L200 was first caught as a test mule at the beginning of the year before our spies stumbled upon a prototype with the production body last week.

The midsize truck has now lost all of its camouflage courtesy of a speculative rendering from our pals at Kolesa. Although not immediately noticeable in the spy shots, the man with the camera told us the prototypes were carrying around a longer wheelbase. A mix of gasoline and diesel engines is expected depending on the market, while a plug-in hybrid seems like an educated guess what with Europe's tough emissions regulations.

We are not expecting any huge changes in terms of design since the current model's mid-cycle refresh in late 2018 already made the L200 look like a whole new truck. The updated variant spawned a Triton Absolute concept hinting at a potential Ranger Raptor rival, which never actually happened. It could arrive with the next-generation model as Mitsubishi's design chief Seiji Watanabe has promised the overhauled truck will be tougher.

The overhauled L200 was reportedly locked in for a 2022 release, but the coronavirus pandemic has delayed the pickup’s world premiere to early 2023. The equivalent Nissan Navara is likely not far behind."
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other...14bf278e8a2b78

Attached Images
File Type: jpg AAZtVQy.jpg (34.5 KB, 150 views)

Last edited by Raptor; 18-07-2022 at 04:41 PM. Reason: display attached image
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-07-2022, 01:03 PM   #2
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Triton 2023 Reveal ?

Mitsubishi is an absolute joke these days, how the once mighty have fallen.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2022, 09:59 PM   #3
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Mitsubishi is an absolute joke these days, how the once mighty have fallen.
Interesting you say that .....Outlander is the top selling vehicle in NZ its also the top selling PHEV and Eclipse cross is 2nd , Triton is 3rd in the ute class and I'm pretty sure mitsubishi is the top selling brand in NZ

Not sure how they rate in Oz but nothing comes close to the Outlander in plug in spec and price overall

I'm not joking

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
PooDog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2022, 10:38 PM   #4
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooDog View Post
Interesting you say that .....Outlander is the top selling vehicle in NZ its also the top selling PHEV and Eclipse cross is 2nd , Triton is 3rd in the ute class and I'm pretty sure mitsubishi is the top selling brand in NZ

Not sure how they rate in Oz but nothing comes close to the Outlander in plug in spec and price overall

I'm not joking
They hardly update their cars but I guess thats due to financial issues over at Mitsubishi
Old 29-07-2022, 01:02 AM   #5
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
They hardly update their cars but I guess thats due to financial issues over at Mitsubishi
OK...I actually quite like them not putting out a new model every year , unusual that we were one of the 1st countries to get the new Outlander maybe because mitsi are so popular over here?

524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 31-07-2022, 07:52 AM   #6
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

See what you mean about their financial affairs

524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 29-07-2022, 12:07 PM   #7
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:

I'm not joking
Must be a recent thing as Toyota and Ford were 1 and 2 for the last few years. Ranger was the highest selling vehicle in NZ last year I think.

The new taxes on diesels and emissions they introduced recently has seen Hilux and Ranger drop right away. But there was also a surge of sales before the rules were introduced.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2022, 12:44 PM   #8
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Must be a recent thing as Toyota and Ford were 1 and 2 for the last few years. Ranger was the highest selling vehicle in NZ last year I think.

The new taxes on diesels and emissions they introduced recently has seen Hilux and Ranger drop right away. But there was also a surge of sales before the rules were introduced.
Yep from what I can gather Ranger was top last year .....mitsi top with 17% , Toyota with 15% , Ford with 9% information confusing and contradictory one site said outlander was top another Eclipse cross.......utes are slow after the tax has applied and diesel sales have dropped :......didn't realize how confusing stats ca be

524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 13-07-2022, 09:18 PM   #9
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

I like the current Triton for the money. I was looking at getting one at one point but couldn't justify it based on my lifestyle. If I were looking, I would order the current model before they spit out the Nissan/Mitsu versions.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-07-2022, 11:34 PM   #10
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
I like the current Triton for the money. I was looking at getting one at one point but couldn't justify it based on my lifestyle. If I were looking, I would order the current model before they spit out the Nissan/Mitsu versions.
They’re not cheap anymore. A GLS is $54k, $7k- $8k more gets you into a Ranger XLT. Personally I’d be doing what I could to get that extra bit of coin.

Tritons were brilliant for the money when you could walk out of a dealership with an Exceed for $43k.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 14-07-2022, 08:24 AM   #11
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd be cautious to if its got that 2.3l diesel mill (navara)
in them now and if its unchanged as they had a single row timing chain in them which reportedly snaps and with a hollow cam in them the whole thing self destructs ,also to get the fuel pump off its a motor out job

IMO they would have been better off upgrading the Mitsi 2.4 which is bullet proof just needs a power upgrade

524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 14-07-2022, 08:30 AM   #12
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks ok , a bit like a toned down Predator (ALIEN) face of the existing Triton

524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 14-07-2022, 10:01 AM   #13
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
They’re not cheap anymore. A GLS is $54k, $7k- $8k more gets you into a Ranger XLT. Personally I’d be doing what I could to get that extra bit of coin.

Tritons were brilliant for the money when you could walk out of a dealership with an Exceed for $43k.
My old man paid $39,990 for a brand new GLS Manual in 2019 with a 3 pce hard cover.. A hell of alot of ute for the money.. His is the pre "Storm Trooper" front end, but other wise identical inside and out Its hard to argue with that sort of value... An equivalent XLT Ranger is mid $60k's.. Better ute? Yes.. $25k better? Nope. Thats where Mitsi needs to live, being the "good value" option as it seems to work for them. They will never be a Ranger beater but where a great option for those who cant/dont want to spend the big $$$. My dad bought an XLT Ranger new in 2010 and loved it... He wanted another one but for the driving he does (5-10k km a year cruising around, dump runs, towing the boat/camper for weekends away) that $25k could be better spent on something else (69 MGB and its restoration as it turns out).

I got a quote on an Exceed before I ordered my ranger earlier this year... At $60k ish for one you'd buy a Ranger Sports/XLT V6D for really not that much more $$$

Hers: 2024 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Daily: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2022, 10:00 AM   #14
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Triton have been butt fugly (worst of the dual cabs) for yonks plus the woeful rear tray over hang design, wouldn't consider buying one ever - its price prior to recent changes has been its only drawcard and why people buy imo.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2022, 03:51 PM   #15
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
Triton have been butt fugly (worst of the dual cabs) for yonks plus the woeful rear tray over hang design, wouldn't consider buying one ever - its price prior to recent changes has been its only drawcard and why people buy imo.
Not just the price they have dash layout which I much prefer over the Ranger + the best warranty 10 year on drivetrain I got my MQ in 2019 20 inch DTM Mexico in gloss black , monsters terrain grippers ,hard lid t, tuff liner , bonnet protector , full set of monsoons for $35500 drive away

It's so butt ugly that one of my work mates kept telling me how much he liked it ended up hunting down a 2017 with more extras for 37k.......I guess there's always someone out there that loves ya

524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
2 users like this post:
Old 14-07-2022, 03:57 PM   #16
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Not just the price they have dash layout which I much prefer over the Ranger + the best warranty 10 year on drivetrain I got my MQ in 2019 20 inch DTM Mexico in gloss black , monsters terrain grippers ,hard lid t, tuff liner , bonnet protector , full set of monsoons for $35500 drive away

It's so butt ugly that one of my work mates kept telling me how much he liked it ended up hunting down a 2017 with more extras for 37k.......I guess there's always someone out there that loves ya
ain't that the truth butt fugly is someones passion
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2022, 04:18 PM   #17
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sure the Ranger is a better ute but Ironically one of the things that attracted me to Falcon was that under dog thing (compared to commodore) with the Ranger its the opposite over here every man and his dog has one ...bit of a turn off if you can understand that warped way of thinking??

524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 14-07-2022, 12:18 PM   #18
winkle

I had an MN GLX-R then an MQ GLS, both very good utes for what I use them for. I got my 20.75 Wildtrak in November 2020 and at the time cross shopped with the then current model Triton. I priced the Triton GSR up with everything the Wildtrak has, including Rhino Evolution bar, Falken Wildpeak ATs, roller shutter, electric brakes, tint, Stedi spotties etc and the Triton came in just $2,660 short of the Wildtrak. These were both fleet pricing. If it had have been a say $8k difference, I would have considered it. But in my mind, the Ranger is a much better ute and well worth the extra. Turns out the Wildtrak has been fantastic (bi-turbo) and has done 67,000 trouble free kms so far.
winkle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2022, 12:55 PM   #19
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I won't consider one, I'd wait for the new Ranger with the 3.0l V6. Far better than the Triton, or the previous Ranger/Everest model. I take it they'll haemorrhage resale value, especially the 3.2l 5 cylinder Ranger models.
Old 15-07-2022, 10:30 PM   #20
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hard pass. Id buy a Chinese ute before a Triton.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2022, 12:21 PM   #21
MustangNicko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
Really, why? I bought a brand new GLX+ for 38k almost 2 years ago and it has been faultless.

First thing I did was put a bullbar on it though, that chin on the front bar was hard to look at

Last edited by MustangNicko; 16-07-2022 at 12:27 PM.
MustangNicko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2022, 08:56 PM   #22
UTXR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
I bought a brand new 2021 LDV T60 for $29500 drive away with tint, towbar and metallic paint....other than a crappy stereo system, its been superb for my needs...
UTXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 16-07-2022, 01:00 PM   #23
.:4:.
Kicking back

My last work ute was a 2019 storm trooper triton. So base model single cab diesel auto. Yes ugly as sin, but it drove comfortably. It was the replacement to my old px xl 2.2 manual. Interior wise the ranger was a bit nicer, less harsh plastics, but for a trade ute, plastics are easier to clean. The 2.4 in the triton deffinately had a lot more go then the 2.2 ranger. More then my managers 3L upspec dmax. So still no race car, but not terrible. So i rate the 6 speed manual in the ranger, real nice in my view. But at a minimum id have 400kgs in the back, often towed 1500+, majority was in heavy traffic so stepping into an auto was nice. The triton did tow better having more torques. Main minor annoyance with the triton was it wouldnt accept hi flow pumps. Say what you want about that, but work car....
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 17-07-2022, 01:14 PM   #24
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Not much love for the Triton cant fault my 2017 coming up 4 years of ownership,horses for courses i guess after having two Falcon utes then buying the GT-P i missed having a deck to chuck crap on found this thing done 15k job done,only thing thats ever gone wrong was the drivers seat cover came to bits Mitsi replaced it even though it was outta warranty.As i say horses for courses there would be absolutely no benefit to me to have shelled out for a Ranger/Colorado etc for what i use the Mitsi for.Very happy with the thing,as for ugly yea theres better looking trucks for sure,maybe the looks have grown on me as theres plenty uglier out there.

Last edited by 98TLS; 17-07-2022 at 01:27 PM.
98TLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2022, 08:50 AM   #25
Swordie

A plus for Mitsubishi in Australia is they offer up to 10 year warranty for new vehicles.

The Isuzu ute is interesting as a workhourse. The D‑MAX 4x2 SX Single Cab 1.9L is $31,990 drive away.
Swordie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2022, 11:52 AM   #26
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordie View Post
A plus for Mitsubishi in Australia is they offer up to 10 year warranty for new vehicles.

The Isuzu ute is interesting as a workhourse. The D‑MAX 4x2 SX Single Cab 1.9L is $31,990 drive away.
To get that 10 years you are also stuck having to get Mitsubishi servicing for the whole period. So it's not coming for free.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2022, 12:09 PM   #27
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
To get that 10 years you are also stuck having to get Mitsubishi servicing for the whole period. So it's not coming for free.
True .....but that's not the point....could you ever see Ford do That and actually honor it

524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 18-07-2022, 04:08 PM   #28
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Adding to that its only applicable to the first owner,mine was a year old done 15k and only got another two years until warranty blah blah was done,all good so far so not really a problem.Mate of mine bought a new Foton around the same time as i bought the Triton with much regret down the line,no problem with warranty claims more so the thing has spent more time in there shed than his,like the Triton is for us ie just a way to get around on shift off his Foton does minimal ks but is just rubbish,feel sorry for anyone buying one to use as there daily transport.
Old 18-07-2022, 01:33 PM   #29
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordie View Post

Who remembers the good ol days when the Thailand Specials were sub or low $20K for 4x2 single cab povvo spec

Hell back in the day before I bought my Focus I was quoted $26K DA for a dealership stock povvo spec FG tray ute with the ZF, but I didn't want the auto

Now there's no Falcon Ute the Thailand Specials jumped $10K for entry level.
3 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2022, 02:13 PM   #30
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Who remembers the good ol days when the Thailand Specials were sub or low $20K for 4x2 single cab povvo spec

Hell back in the day before I bought my Focus I was quoted $26K DA for a dealership stock povvo spec FG tray ute with the ZF, but I didn't want the auto

Now there's no Falcon Ute the Thailand Specials jumped $10K for entry level.
Times have moved on from the good old days eh, Paid $9989 for a shiny new WB Holden panel van in 1982.
These days $10 000 is loose change to go on a holiday OS.

I'm sorry but I just don't see the money in any of these 4 door utes no matter what badge in on the front.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: