Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 14-03-2007, 11:34 PM   #1
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Perth Motorplex - Fast Friday 16/03

I'm heading down again, anyone else going?

Old 15-03-2007, 01:07 AM   #2
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

wanted to but got an offer for a day at motorplex collie circuit on friday. And my heart lies on a track with corners

See you next one, still keen to get my big heavy boss into the 12's, but I am getting more consistent and may do ok on Fridays

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2007, 04:01 AM   #3
TruBlu351
3 Pedals R Better Than 2

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has given endless help in the cleveland section over the years. Knows his stuff and happily tests on the track and gives no fuss results. 

Damn it! I'd love to go in that.....pipes off for a change!! Might not be here though :( I'll have to pay more attention to the website calendar.

TruBlu351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 02:49 AM   #4
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dazza ran a 10.66 in his XR6T well done Buddy. Stuffed trans stopped him from bettering his times.

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 08:18 AM   #5
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme F6
Dazza ran a 10.66 in his XR6T well done Buddy. Stuffed trans stopped him from bettering his times.
Wow awsome time there well done.

Did you tune it Simon?
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 10:22 AM   #6
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcams
Wow awsome time there well done.

Did you tune it Simon?

yes mate :hihi:

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Old 17-03-2007, 11:34 AM   #7
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Darren's car certainly has changed since last time it ran; stripped interior, fibreglass bonnet, headlight removed, roll cage. It definately looks the business. He's spent a lot of money and time getting it set up.

I managed a new PB of 11.81 with the removal of the Nizpro Cobra inlet manifold, and reverting back to the stock inlet manifold, whilst also using less boost. Car was in stock street trim, including 3/4 tank of pump Vortex 98 unleaded (no fuel additives or racing fuel), street tyres (Toyo Proxes 4).

Unfortunately the inlet hose to the intercooler decided to let go at the end of the 2nd run, but I've walked away with more data. Interesting to note the 60ft times have dropped from an average of 2.15-2.17 to 1.96 and 1.97 respectively by going back to the factory inlet manifold. The tune has fundementally remained the same with the exception of using less boost. I've another mod to do over the next few days and will be heading back to see how that pans out. I can see why the APS kits are so popular and are getting good results.

Track temps of 38 degrees and a Density Altitude of 2006.6ft ensured the air was rubbish at the start of the evening, so with better air I'm sure the car will go better.

Last edited by Romulus; 17-03-2007 at 11:45 AM.
Romulus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 12:41 PM   #8
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Nice work on Darrens car Simon, nice to see a 10 second car with blistering performance, not blistering excuses.

Is there anyone over your way who can challenge you? the nearest car I heard was a NOS XR8...........

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 12:47 PM   #9
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Darrens car had the fibre bonnet last time and he left the interior out as hes decided he wants to go full bore and keep going on the drag circut, hes also fitted a drift handbrake ect and purchased a manual for it as he wants to drift.

Old 17-03-2007, 01:35 PM   #10
lumox41
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6 XR6T

Track temps of 38 degrees and a Density Altitude of 2006.6ft ensured the air was rubbish at the start of the evening, so with better air I'm sure the car will go better.

If that's the case, the 10.6 deserves so much more credit!!
lumox41 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2007, 05:08 PM   #11
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme F6
Darrens car had the fibre bonnet last time and he left the interior out as hes decided he wants to go full bore and keep going on the drag circut, hes also fitted a drift handbrake ect and purchased a manual for it as he wants to drift.
Nice results, is it a sedan or ute????

And if sedan have you had any dramas in the CV area??

Cheers Craig
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2007, 07:44 PM   #12
GASXR6

sedan
GASXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post