Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-09-2009, 06:08 PM   #1
broken_suave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AU3 Fairmont Head Unit

I just wanted to know something in regards to swapping from a factory head unit to a factory head unit.

Mums SerIII Fairmont has the regular 6 CD stacker with the regular jam. I have sourced a single disc CD player for series 2/3. Am I able to unplug the old jammed unit, and plug in the new unit and retain all the functions? Ie: all speakers getting signal (Fronts, Rears, A-pillars), steering wheel controls working.

Thanks in advance,

-Lyndsay

Previously:
98 AU Futura 4.0 - Wildcat Extractors, 200cpsi Stainless Cat, Custom 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Tickford Snorkel, Fram 'Airhog' Panel Filter - Daily

79 P6 LTD Silver Monarch - Project
broken_suave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2009, 08:52 PM   #2
SSVPom
Formally FairmontPom

Yes - as long as it wasn't a Ghia with 'Premium Sound'... your 'Prestige Sound' Fairmont head unit did not run an amp and sub like the Ghia, so the Forte spec single shot CD should be OK.