Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-06-2013, 01:32 AM   #1
Deaks

Default Los Angeles car scene

Hi Guys,

I have scored my self 5 days in LA in July to do as i please. I have a few things in mind to do whilst there (i have been there twice before so i have done the tourist things), but what i was wondering was what the car scene is like? Ill be there July 7th to the 12th, and will have a car to drive around.

I am thinking ill go for a drive to Arizona (Phoenix: Desert Valley Kings) and check out as many car parts places as i can along the way.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for everything and anything in and around Los Angeles.

Thank you,
Deaks

Deaks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2013, 11:52 AM   #2
gregaust
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Greg always goes out of his way to provide assistance and support to members of AFF. Greg freely shares his knowledge with people who ask for help and often assists them with obtaining parts and repairs.  A great member of the AFF community. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always happy to offer assistance from his own experiences and often posts up photos when someone is having issues finding/locating something they are trying to repair or replace. 

http://www.socalcarculture.com/events.html

This has most you need. Saturday morning Huntington Beach is good at Donut Derelicts. Also the John Force shows if they're still on.
gregaust is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2013, 12:23 PM   #3
GT-spec15

Default Re: Los Angeles car scene

What a shame you aren't there for a Saturday! Cars & Coffee Irvine is a monster Saturday morning meet up, with everything from old rods to modern exotics attending. Details here, must see if your itinerary changes:

http://irvine.carsandcoffee.info/

Your options will be somewhat limited given you are effectively there midweek. That said, jump on google a week out and search for some events, as something on a weeknight may pop up.

If you are remotely interested in modern/exotic cars, definitely grab lunch on Sunset Blvd one day, and you'll enjoy a steady stream of big dollar cars and a few classics too.

There are many classic/muscle car shops around LA too - perhaps make one of those your first port of call and suss out whether anything is going on. Local knowledge is best!

Last edited by GT-spec15; 02-06-2013 at 12:29 PM.
GT-spec15 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post