Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-09-2007, 12:03 AM   #1
scottboy76
Starter Motor

Unhappy AU XR8 new computer won't start on old keys

Hey guys, I have signed up here in the hope that one of u geniuses may be able to help me.
I have an XR8 ute that is having problems with the LPG backfiring. After trying EVERYTHING else, were down to changin the computer.
My mechanic has borrowed a good one from somewhere but the car won't start with my keys and the keys for the new one are non-existent so we can't use them.
they've tried leaving the key in the on position for a long time which apparently re-codes the computer to the key but it hasn't worked. not starting.
Anyone here know more than us?
please please please
scott

scottboy76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 12:12 AM   #2
sly
Sly like a G6

You need a sparky or dealer with the right scan tool to code the PCM (engine computer) to the BEM (body computer) so they recognise each other. Unless you do so your engine is immobilised.
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 12:51 AM   #3
Bosman
T Series Club Member No24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly
You need a sparky or dealer with the right scan tool to code the PCM (engine computer) to the BEM (body computer) so they recognise each other. Unless you do so your engine is immobilised.

Correct ! You will also need to reprogram the keys to suit. Either a dealer or a quality locksmith will be required.

FTe Venom T3TE50 No229 5.6L Manual Don't drive one! Because like so many others , including ME , you will become TOTALLY addicted.

2016 Harley Davidson Softail Heritage customized.
Dead set gorgeous!
Bosman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 02:31 AM   #4
scottboy76
Starter Motor

ta guys, i'll let my mech know.
scottboy76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 12:24 PM   #5
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosman
Correct ! You will also need to reprogram the keys to suit. Either a dealer or a quality locksmith will be required.
You don't need to reprogram keys when replacing the PCM.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post