Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 23-03-2008, 11:58 AM   #1
jweb
radio off =save petrol :P

Default New Cop Cars Very Worrying

Okay so because of the easter weekend cops are everywhere,and i have been forced to drive the equivalent speed of a grandma.
Whilst going through stIves i spotted on the side of the road,a great looking car,The car was a light blue F6.
What worried me was that it had pulled over a BMW M3 and had the demountable light on top,It was if you hadn't guessed it by now a undercover cop.
This is very worrying as being the FPV fan i am,whenever i see An FPV i tempt to make them race(hopefully i am not alone in saying that)

What other Ford performance cars do the Police use?,what have you seen?.

Ive have never seen A GTP cop car,the fact that they have F6's means Hoons are in trouble,as the F6 is no slouch by any means.

Old 23-03-2008, 12:05 PM   #2
BeStRaFe
lpg = big boom!

many f6 cop cars in nsw and qld,

they get a really good deal on them at purchase time.
if you know whats ur looking for u can pick them in nsw..

nsw they will have the mobile phone antenna for computer comms, (they use gprs)
and the radio antenna on the passenger side rear..

5% tint on rear windows and what looks like 25% on the fronts!
lights in the windows and hey drive like a grandma in the let hand lane :P

there is also a wrx in congo green and a silver wrx sporting p-plates running around that are hwp cars
Old 23-03-2008, 12:07 PM   #3
chubbyba
1tuphute

haha well hopefully some cop does a burnout in a f6 that would mint lol. but as 4 them being on the road.... be scared be very scared :P
Old 23-03-2008, 12:09 PM   #4
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweb
This is very worrying as being the FPV fan i am,whenever i see An FPV i tempt to make them race(hopefully i am not alone in saying that)
I can see this ending badly.........
Old 23-03-2008, 12:17 PM   #5
LOWBA6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In my small little town here they were sitting in a 91 camry parked in a restaurant carpark (its on the main hwy through town) with their rader guns getting speeding cars and trucks last week. Iv been told they have an old diahatsu charade as well as a small fleet of other older cars.
Old 23-03-2008, 12:19 PM   #6
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolloxbgt
I can see this ending badly.........
Agreed.

But I like to see it as if you are doing nothing wrong, you have no cause for concern.

Not at all concerned with what car the police force drive, but in knowing they drive an Australian made car is comforting I guess. It's when they start driving BMW's in greater numbers etc that we should be questioning where our tax dollars are being spent and why.
Old 23-03-2008, 12:21 PM   #7
XW 393
"WHEEZER" POWERED

Quote:
The street is no place to "tempt" anyone to race.
Old 23-03-2008, 12:26 PM   #8
MrEL
Sick Puppy

They are running stacks of F6's around penrith. Light blue one , bright orange one with 20's and very heavily tinted. Silver one and a red one. They are swapping them around the different stations.
Dont be a tool and there is nothing to worry about.
Old 23-03-2008, 12:37 PM   #9
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Okay.. I'll bite. The next time someone gets reamed by a cop for something minor it's because of people like you. Firstly, in this day and age with Anti Hoon laws and hotlines, you are part of the problem, certainly not the cure.
No one is 100% .. not even the pious xa-coupe .. but I don't make a habit af tying to race every FPV I come across.
If you don't modify your behaviour, I look forward to the day when you come on here whining about your car being impounded.
At the very least, don't admit it on a public forum. _
Old 23-03-2008, 12:37 PM   #10
Jase_Boss
Casual surfer

Quote:
Its statements like this that give our sport a bad image to the general public
GTF-#97-Kinetic/Matte Black, Manual, Enjoying it daily
Sold- 08 FG XR8 Sed EGO, 6 speed m, 80mm John Bowe throttle body, K&N air filter, Big Mouth CAI, rip shifter. 275/30-19,245/35-19, XR50
Sold- 06 BF XR8 Ute, 6 speed,80mm throttle body,Herrod full stainless cats back,K&N air filter,CAI,rip shifter.265/35,245/40-18.
Sold-Mrs Jase_Boss-09 XR8 Sed Breeze-Build to order for her,All options except sat nav,6 speed m, 80mm John Bowe throttle body, K&N air filter, Big Mouth CAI. 19"
Old 23-03-2008, 12:41 PM   #11
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I have a feeling that Victoria Police have some golf type buggies. These fit well with the current hard line taken!

I would feel the need to T off if I saw one..........

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...62-662,00.html

Last edited by Redrum; 23-03-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Old 23-03-2008, 12:46 PM   #12
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA-Coupe
Okay.. I'll bite. The next time someone gets reamed by a cop for something minor it's because of people like you. Firstly, in this day and age with Anti Hoon laws and hotlines, you are part of the problem, certainly not the cure.
No one is 100% .. not even the pious xa-coupe .. but I don't make a habit af tying to race every FPV I come across.
If you don't modify your behaviour, I look forward to the day when you come on here whining about your car being impounded.
At the very least, don't admit it on a public forum. _
Well said, any wonder the rules are continually being tightened with attitudes like his.....

Old 23-03-2008, 12:49 PM   #13
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

jweb a P-Plater???
Old 23-03-2008, 01:04 PM   #14
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

I am pretty sure he meant run to the speed limit.

I HATE and get VERY ANNOYED at TOOLS who sit behind cop cars doing 60klms in 80klms, or just sit behind the cop cars GRRRRRRRRRR :

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 23-03-2008, 01:05 PM   #15
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1XR2C
jweb a P-Plater???
Would be my pic as well

jweb, post a pick of you car so we can all stay clear.
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
Old 23-03-2008, 01:07 PM   #16
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI
I am pretty sure he meant run to the speed limit.
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight... how did you come to that conclusion from what was posted?? Besides, a run to the speed limit is still illegal.. you just don't get done for speeding

Quote:
I HATE and get VERY ANNOYED at TOOLS who sit behind cop cars doing 60klms in 80klms, or just sit behind the cop cars GRRRRRRRRRR :
I agree.. but that has nothing to do with this conversation.
Old 23-03-2008, 01:09 PM   #17
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

qld have lots of red ones but decked out with hwp on the sides, they also use monaro cv8's and the like
Old 23-03-2008, 01:09 PM   #18
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

this really IS going in the wrong direction, in fact there was a huge "WRONG WAY" sign in the first post..

Police are using various cars as pursuit vehicles these days, everyone knows this already. Admitting to street racing on a public forum, and starting a thread to that effect is not smart. Re-think before opening another thread.
Old 23-03-2008, 01:11 PM   #19
BeStRaFe
lpg = big boom!

Quote:
Besides, a run to the speed limit is still illegal.. you just don't get done for speeding
yep, they book your for excessive acceleration :(
Old 23-03-2008, 01:12 PM   #20
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight... how did you come to that conclusion from what was posted?? Besides, a run to the speed limit is still illegal.. you just don't get done for speeding.
How do you come to the conclusion he races to above the speed limit, your making assumptions.........

Assumptions are what gives every driver of a car out there that is lowerd and has bigger wheels is a HOON

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 23-03-2008, 01:17 PM   #21
Gabbs
Curry in a hurry

They are using xr6 turbos over here haven't seen a f6 yet. I remember pulling up next to a blueprint one and looking across and seeing this hot blonde cop gave her a wink and turned off.
At the end of the day if you don't act like a tool you have nothing to worry about.
Old 23-03-2008, 01:18 PM   #22
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Police use to have a marked yellow GTO in Melbourne a few years ago. I saw an unmarked Fairmont Ghia cop car the other day.
Old 23-03-2008, 01:22 PM   #23
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
How do you come to the conclusion he races to above the speed limit, your making assumptions.........

Assumptions are what gives every driver of a car out there that is lowerd and has bigger wheels is a HOON
It's because of people like the original poster that we have that problem.
Besides, it doesn't matter how fast you are going when street racing, wave bye bye to your car for a while.

Defending the indefensible is just a waste of time.
Old 23-03-2008, 01:24 PM   #24
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Only worrying if you do the wrong thing.

You've been around these forums long enough to know the general consensus on these topics, yet you still post this?

You do the wrong thing (or something stupid) and it's their job to stop you.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Old 23-03-2008, 01:24 PM   #25
asusdragon
BA Falcon XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbs19
They are using xr6 turbos over here haven't seen a f6 yet. I remember pulling up next to a blueprint one and looking across and seeing this hot blonde cop gave her a wink and turned off.
At the end of the day if you don't act like a tool you have nothing to worry about.
i have seen that cop car really i see it bout once a week, looks pretty hot only other thing i can say bout it is good to see some cop over in in fords and some hot one at that.
hehehe might have to look in the window next time i see it
and to the original poster its why that use this sort of cars to catch you think it fine to drag race on the streets, go to the motorplex or whatever you have over there and drag some FPV, must safer and less likely to kill some innocent

Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer. you're got an electrical problem
Quote:
You only need two tools in life - WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40, If it shouldnt move and does, use the duct tape
Old 23-03-2008, 01:28 PM   #26
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

Quote:
whenever i see An FPV i tempt to make them race
cork knockers behaving like that really bug me on the road
Old 23-03-2008, 01:33 PM   #27
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh no!! the safety gods are here!! RUN!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I noticed more ford undercover cop cars showing up lately, normaly I'd only drive grandmaish if I saw a VE commodore until I got close enough to see the 3 antennas on the back. Was only once in a blue moon I'd see an undercover ford but now they're starting to pop up here and there. Mostly in the city I've found.

E32 740iL Leather, sound system, rollin' on 19's
Old 23-03-2008, 01:37 PM   #28
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

another thread that started off badly and didn't get any better. Finished ^^ with another antagonising post. End.
Closed Thread