Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 11-03-2007, 12:45 PM   #1
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default I Got Tint

As the title says, I got the Fez tinted, looked around a bit and ended up getting "MEP Ultimate Black" which is a darkest legal film, got it put on by ExpressTinting at Slacks Creek up here in Brisbane, very happy with the result, they did a great job..........just thought I'd post up some pics to share.

robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2007, 12:51 PM   #2
scooby

Sweet ride there robjh80...nice wheels too lol. I got the dealer's tint, yours looks darker ( and probly better value). Keeps the inside a lot cooler in the sun eh?
scooby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2007, 01:13 PM   #3
tolly
XLSMARLIN

nice tint mate just got mine done at tintacar yesterday at slacks creek too. midnight express with T20 on the rear window...yours looks a bit darker though
tolly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2007, 01:18 PM   #4
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby
Sweet ride there robjh80...nice wheels too lol. I got the dealer's tint, yours looks darker ( and probly better value). Keeps the inside a lot cooler in the sun eh?
Thanks Scooby, yea love the wheels, lucky you got a set as well, dont think ROH make em anymore.

That particular film costs $395 but I got it done for $350 as the bloke originally quoted me on the wrong film "3M Black" which is a bit cheaper than the MEP Ultimate, when I pointed this out he said "ah no worries mate, I'll do the MEP for the $350"........got a win, "doesn't happen too often.......LOL"

Certainly helps keep the car cooler inside, aircon doesn't have to work so hard now, very pleased with it.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:22 PM   #5
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolly
nice tint mate just got mine done at tintacar yesterday at slacks creek too. midnight express with T20 on the rear window...yours looks a bit darker though
Thanks Tolly, welcome to the forums, I see this is ya first post.

The tint I got is darkest you can get without going into the "illegal stuff" which of course would void ya insurance........."not a bright idea me thinks!!"
It's 35% VLT, unfortunately because the Fez has such a large front windscreen with no tint on it of course it does let in a fair amount of light and hence makes the tint look a bit lighter than it actually is.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:54 PM   #6
bman

what size are the wheels?
bman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2007, 05:46 PM   #7
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman
I think they're 17" x 7.0".

Nice, robjh80. The car looks really nice. I like.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2007, 07:10 PM   #8
darkcloud

hey robjh80, just want to ask you, i got the 3M black but not sure what % it is.. just wondering if you know?? its dark enough that you cant see my P plates at night : :newangel: .....got it done for $250 cos basically our whole family's cars got tinted there.

yeah i agree with the big windscreen, makes the front windows look like their not tinted while the back is a whole lot darker.
darkcloud is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2007, 07:14 PM   #9
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman
Yea, as "Ive's" said.......the wheels are 17" x 7" with 205/40R17 tyres.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:29 PM   #10
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud
hey robjh80, just want to ask you, i got the 3M black but not sure what % it is.. just wondering if you know?? its dark enough that you cant see my P plates at night : :newangel: .....got it done for $250 cos basically our whole family's cars got tinted there.

yeah i agree with the big windscreen, makes the front windows look like their not tinted while the back is a whole lot darker.
Not absolutely sure what percentage the 3M Black is mate although I believe it is also "darkest legal" which would put it in the 30-35% VLT range.

The reason I went for the MEP Ultimate was the place I got the car tinted had samples of all the films, the MEP is a sputtered metallised film whereas the 3M Black is a fused colour stabilised film (no sputtered technology), the MEP is also nearly twice the thickness of the 3M Black and definately looks darker to the eye when you place both films side by side.

Not saying for one moment that the 3M Black is not a very good film here, it is indeed one of the best available and for $250 "darkcloud" you got it at a great price
Old 11-03-2007, 08:03 PM   #11
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Nice work, you'll appreciate it in the weather we're having at the moment.

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2007, 09:41 PM   #12
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
Yea, as "Ive's" said.......the wheels are 17" x 7" with 205/40R17 tyres.
What tyres do u have on, robjh80?
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2007, 10:45 PM   #13
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
What tyres do u have on, robjh80?
BF Goodrich G-Force Sports
Old 11-03-2007, 11:54 PM   #14
darkcloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
Not absolutely sure what percentage the 3M Black is mate although I believe it is also "darkest legal" which would put it in the 30-35% VLT range.

The reason I went for the MEP Ultimate was the place I got the car tinted had samples of all the films, the MEP is a sputtered metallised film whereas the 3M Black is a fused colour stabilised film (no sputtered technology), the MEP is also nearly twice the thickness of the 3M Black and definately looks darker to the eye when you place both films side by side.

Not saying for one moment that the 3M Black is not a very good film here, it is indeed one of the best available and for $250 "darkcloud" you got it at a great price
Cheers robjh80 for the info, greatly appreciated!
darkcloud is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post