Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 29-03-2006, 09:53 PM   #1
Curly22
Starter Motor

Arrow Focus 2005 service cost

Hi everyone, this is my first time replying in the forum and I'm just wondering if anyone can be of assistance in telling me how much does it cost for the 15000k service and the 60000k service. I'm thinking of getting the new Ford Focus Ghia and I'm trying to way the pros and cons of the car. And how much it cost to have a car repaired incase of a minor or even a major car crash.

Curly22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2006, 10:49 PM   #2
FRA
Mr Focus

Are you talking about Zetec or Duratec?
I'm talking about Zetec below
I don't know how much ford cost for 15,000km
The 60,000km will cost you over $400.00 by Ford( I just about fell off the chair when i was talking to Ford)
I know the 45,000km is around $270.00 by Ford

In the next 3 week I'll be posting our Zetec 2005 hatch 15,000km service and why we are taking both Focus else where for service and we'll give more reason in our next post.
you would have to talk to your car Insureance about cost etc.
Ford focus are a great car to drive, looks nice, they are the best selling small car world wide.
If your talking about the Duratec, you should ask around how much for service and see what different price you get.
Your warranty doesnt mean alot, ford will say you'll void your warranty
What is warranty?
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2006, 11:16 PM   #3
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Sorry. Corolla is the best selling car world wide. Has been for about 3 years. Ford Focus was, but isn't anymore.
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2006, 11:41 AM   #4
owens

I got my 15000 done by ultratune the other day. Ford was $150 + 50 if the pollen filter needed replacing. Ultratune was $150 including pollen filter so I went with them... although I'm now wondering what they actually did to my car besides a wheel rotation. Despite the receipt saying that fluid levels were topped up, (and that they serviced an LR focus) They didn't fill up the wiper water - I know because it was bone dry, and the radiator reservoir (I think that's what it is) is below the minimum line. Brake fluild looks acceptable although that was fine before putting it in.
owens is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2006, 03:26 PM   #5
melbzetec

And when your front passenger floor starts filling with water, take it back to them and point out if the pollen filter is not replaced properly and sealed....................the front passenger well fills with water.

Since some Ford Dealers can't get it right, I'll be interested whether Ultratune can.......cause they specialize in..........now what was it???.......ah yes, they specialize in EVERY car
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.

Old 30-03-2006, 06:42 PM   #6
FRA
Mr Focus

I did take it back late 2004, but I got told it was my car insurance to fix it.
They said we'll look at it but it'll cost you by Ford, at this stage my car was stock
They look at the dash and couldn't find any problem.
Yes our Focus is going to Ultratune, 1 reaosn is better price but there more to it then the price. I will give our reason why in a few weeks.

Thanks for telling me about the pollen filer, I'll see Ultratune tomorrow about that.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2006, 06:46 PM   #7
melbzetec

Ford has a Technical Service Bulletin out on it. It is a common problem well known on this Forum.

If you search this forum you'll find a heap of posts explaining exactly what the problem is. Have a look at this one for a start

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...=pollen+filter