Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 30-10-2020, 06:05 PM   #7377
tweeked
N/A all the way

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post

Also note there is a dispute that is ongoing on whether the company broke contractual requirements by subcontracting (in Vic).
Good luck with that too - you contract a $40 plus million project to a business with 75 employees and have clauses in the contract that says they cannot contract any work out? Were they going to employ 1000 staff in two weeks? Unfair contract terms would eat that alive.

Not much business acumen around I suppose? The whole defence of the Vic Government here just tires me out. There is a thing called due diligence, it was rushed yes, but the whole lot was a fiasco.

When i look at the two biggest failings in what happened in Vic I am happy to entertain the "unprecedented card". Neither the Feds or the State had pre-existing manpower to handle what was happening cleanly.

The Feds failed in the Aged care - BUT THEY DID NOT REFUSE HELP THAT WAS OFFERED. Now if it comes to pass again after the time they have had the properly prepare that they fail again(and they may), then that is another thing, as the "unprecedented" card has been played .

Vic State did not have the resources, they were offered help, refused it and ran with diverting staff from "major events" or whatever with no experience, and bingo, you award contracts to entities unable to fulfil them. Yes they should not have accepted those contracts, but ultimately it is the "business" that contracts out that is responsible.

I feel sorry for "Denise or Denis from Major Events". Thrown in the deep end, no oversight from above. I would lose my job for sure if I was that messy and delegated to people out of their depth.

Golden rule : If things are out of control, accept any help.

6 users like this post: