View Single Post
Old 28-07-2020, 11:23 AM   #6
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: 1998 Festiva 3 workshop manual

Quote:
you can always look for the mazda equivalent, mechanically they are the same, I believe
Per https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Festiva

Although it has a Mazda derived motor, it's more a Kia than a Mazda

Quote:
Second generation (WB, WD, WF; 1993–2000)
The second model Ford Festiva was jointly developed between Kia and Ford, retaining most of the drivetrain of the previous model with a more rounded body style. This new Festiva was slightly longer, wider, more aerodynamic, and suspended by MacPherson struts in the front and a torsion beam axle in the rear. While it was sold in certain markets as a second generation Festiva, Ford renamed it the "Aspire" in North American markets, where the five-door model was offered for the first time. In South Korea, the car was badged "Kia Avella". The sedan version was mainly restricted to the South Korean market, although it was also available with Festiva badging in Taiwan.

Depending on the market, some retained the SOHC, throttle-body injected motor, while others received an engine with a DOHC cylinder head and MPI also designed by Mazda. These engines were:
B3 EGi: 1.3 L (1,323 cc) fuel injected 8-valve I4 making 63 hp (47 kW) at 5000 rpm and 74 lb⋅ft (100 N⋅m) at 3000 rpm
B5 EGi: 1.5 L (1,498 cc) fuel injected 16-valve I4 making 88.4 hp (66 kW) at 5000 rpm and 99 lb⋅ft (134 N⋅m) at 4000 rpm (Asia and Oceania only)

Last edited by aussiblue; 28-07-2020 at 11:30 AM.
aussiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: