View Single Post
Old 22-03-2024, 10:26 PM   #28
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Injectors - aftermarket vs remanufactured vs service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Did you resolve the core problems?
Well I wanted to wait a week before confirming the fix.

Had the covers pulled off to inspect timing. A visual inspection seemed all good. However, on a hunch, I asked the mechanic to pull the chains off and re-time it...just in case we missed something. In the process of doing so, the mechanic noticed a 2mm movement on the gear and trigger wheel. Further inspection identified that the key way was slightly grooved, not sure what could have caused it, the mechanic did have problems getting the crank bolt off when doing the timing initially, had to use the engine to crank it loose.

Mech had a spare boss 260 engine, so we used the trigger wheel and key way from that engine. Bam....she is all good now. Unbelievable. 2mm play gave me all that grief.

A series of fortunate events really...if I didn't ask him to pull the chains off and do it again, he would have never identified the issue. And 2mm movement....it could have easily been ignored?

If we had put it all back together and missed it, I don't want to think how many rabbit holes I would have gone down.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: