View Single Post
Old 13-05-2011, 11:27 PM   #61
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: (re)introducing myself - Econetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoSqueeze
Hi DJ1979, from what I know the engine management monitors the driving conditions (number of short stop start cycles/ distance etc) and to prevent damage to the engine from oil that is no longer useable it comes up with Service Now and goes into limp mode so you HAVE to get it serviced.
I reckon what happened was that the person who serviced it forgot to reset the (oil changed) parameter in the computer and because the engine management relies on this to monitor the oil condition it thought you still had old oil in the engine. When you took it back they reset the ECU.......(not going to admit they forgot something though).
As I am a licenced mechanic I intend to do my own servicing but will have to get the ECU reset on the Ford Diagnostic Laptop every service because of this oil monitoring feature.
Regards Mark
There's mention of this in the manual for the current American Fiestas including how to clear it but no way would it throw the car into limp mode. Limp mode is only for a quite serious sensor error.

To clear the code you put your feet on both the accel and brake pedal, switch the car to accessories and then wait 20 seconds, then take your feet off the pedals and switch the key off
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote