View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 06:54 PM   #90
XRPete

Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
Ok, this shows damage to the physical circuit board, can you re-check it?

The 11.89v comes from pin 5 on the large connector, it goes to the MOSFET and the voltage regulator's V-In (the one I think runs the front button LEDs). It also directly goes to pin 8 on the LE80 (the one directly across from pin 1, to the right). If that is only measuring mv, then the board has suffered a trace meltdown. The trace is in the layers of the circuit board (top and bottom of this board are generally grounded with very few traces).

I've seen it before, but really, it shouldn't happen with such low value components - which is why I'm asking you to re-check. You "could" solder in a thin strand of wire (in case it's going to blow like a fuse) to see if you can get the 8v working again? I don't want to suggest bad things to do, but unless you start pulling out components (that show a problem) and replace them - this is what I might do (to be honest, I thought about your 9v battery idea, but wasn't going to mention it because of this very concern).

Since this part isn't working, we really need to get it sorted first. The 8v may supply voltage to the other bits which cascade through the unit - and this one is "up front" because the 2 others are (/were, poor MOSFET) running off the 12v which is working.

Just at work, at the moment. I’ll check soon.

I had a small win today as well, sort of.
I local wrecker as a few screens for sale ($365) from a SZ Territory, which looks identical to my screen, but not sure on the following and couldn’t test their screen
as they have a “you break you pay” policy.
I’m also worried that this could be already dead (even though they are saying it working) an I’m stuck with the bill. As the people are saying in this forum that their screens have died just from disconnecting the battery.

1) Are the SZ screens compatible?
2) do they require reprogramming of any kind to work in a different car?
XRPete is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: