View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 02:26 PM   #20
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: R-Spec 2020 Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra
Is this just a standard engine with a blower bolted on? The aftermarket just bolt on superchargers and run 500kw on stock bottom ends, but I would have thought that Ford would, at the very least, de-compress the engine from what it runs N/A.
Yep standard engine. No need to strengthen it. It passes all Fords normal durability standards just like the FRPP supercharger package does. The Coyote is a tough motor. High compression isn't an issue with DI and VCT. Can bleed off cylinder pressure if required through cam timing. Don't know if it actually does that, but it can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice

Sucks that they couldn't do ventures like this when they had Falcons though.
Ah, like the supercharged FPV's? And the special edition ones like the R spec and GT-F?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
I usually harp on about no manual option, it seems like an odd omission unless the auto can handle the torque?

Its a great package, perfectly timed and to be honest executed. Nice!

Id still rather a voodoo!
Auto handles well over 1000nm in the F series 6.7 powerstroke V8. Handling the torque isn't a problem. Used in the Camaro ZL1 as well, which is similar torque. I think it's more likely requiring a full gearbox re-calibration to suit the supercharged motor is more the issue, cost wise. IMO.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote