View Single Post
Old 18-02-2020, 11:05 PM   #326
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

No, unfortunately. That part of the update process is in the read-only boot partition, not the update-able 2nd partition for packages. Strangely, the main update script can have an override in the 2nd read/write partition.. but to fix this problem you would need to rebuild the QNX ipl/spl system.

I can see one good thing about this, and that's when these devices were first built, the bad units get chucked in the bin... Except, those resourceful Chinese "chexkers" (did you see the photos of the FDIM stickers?) might just plug into the debug port to get the useless units working to the Aus. standards by fixing files by hand.

I say Aus. standards, only based on the comments in the scripts, which are generally better than what I see in other foreign source code I see in my day job.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: