View Single Post
Old 16-02-2020, 07:44 PM   #323
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

I'm not surprised Ford re-flashing these units often doesn't work, I've had a look at the update scripts and they do a full check of all the files to ensure they are "good". If any one file fails the check, then the unit doesn't progress to the final update stage... Most files are images too - and who cares if a bit is wrong here and there on those? I'd rather see a weird image than the whole screen stay blank.

Progress on the gauges.. 3 microcontrollers talking to the screen (and 2 of them to each other)..

I had started the one with the g-force measuring device level, then put it on its side (so 1G is showing).

Prototype:

Not sure if I've got the vehicle speed CAN message correct - so I've added an LCD screen so I can do some in-car testing without fully installing it:

Again, unit is on its side - so Y is showing -0.9G

Oh, I also found a bug in my serial comms code - which is why I was having to turn the car key to off/accessories when entering commands. With that fixed my FDIM "debug" console is much more reliable/responsive. It was only sending in characters when it received some first - my bad.

Speed, I'm still testing. G-Force, Battery, Baro, Boost, Water, Oil and Trans are all working. I can request speed, but I'd rather find the address/data item for the broadcast message for the cluster to show - as I'm using it in the 0-100kmh timing code, it needs to be "as it happens" and not by my request.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: