View Single Post
Old 03-01-2024, 01:42 PM   #20
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Injectors - aftermarket vs remanufactured vs service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
If you lose CKP signal at all you'll end up with a car which won't run at all, it won't know the position of the crankshaft.

Usually if you got no CKP you won't have spark plugs or injectors firing, if you lose CMP then as an emergency some cars will revert to batch firing the injectors/waste spark ignition.
CMPs are new, I put the GOSS ones in. And you are right, if the CMP goes bad, the VCT goes back to base timing as a fail safe from what I understand.

With the CKP, I was wondering if it could be playing up at start up (either not giving the correct signal, or weak signal) but once started, it goes good. But sounds like it either works or it doesn't?

Every 1 in 10 or so starts, it fires up first crank. It does feel like fuelling issue or some sort, but I'm getting good power once she starts, which then puts a bit of doubt in my mind.

Anyhow, I'll leave the CKP alone for now. Have to remove A/C compressor to get to it on the 3v!

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote