View Single Post
Old 22-12-2023, 11:18 AM   #11
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Injectors - aftermarket vs remanufactured vs service

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooDog View Post
This may be some help ? .....if your going to pull them out just remove the fuel relay out of the fuse box and wind it over to get rid of the pressure in the system
Hehe yep. Changed the fuel regulator and forgot....woopsie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79
Get the current ones reconditioned at a credible shop. See if you can find one that does changeover for a core deposit. Means you can do them in your driveway one arvo without losing access to the car for a period.

Or paying someone a ton of cash in labour to do the swap.
Yep I can do it, no issues, just looking for best option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender
Given the parallel inquiries about fuel pumps and misfiring or stumbling, I believe the OP is fishing for a solution to a more general problem. The only way to quantify the actual injectors as fitted now in relation to this, is to remove them (numbered) and have tested. They might well be fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme
When I had my EL falcon the injectors were tested and serviced as the engine ran like a pig, had no more problems once done.
Are you sure your injectors are causing problems and nothing else?
It is a bit of process of elimination. The car was misbehaving after the engine got REALLY hot, but that has been fixed with new regulator and I also put my old factory pump back in, in place of the walbro (which had done 150,000kms). Power delivery is so much better and more consistent with the factory pump, so I suspect the walbro was on its way out? Drives flawless once its started.

The only issue I'm getting now is extended cranking at start up. 80% of the time it will take 4-6 cranks (used to do it in 1-2), 20% of the time it starts first go. It starts up 100% of the time though.

Injectors are next on the list to look at. Given the engine is nearly 300k, they are due for a service regardless anyway.

If that doesn't work, its off to the professionals

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is online now   Reply With Quote