View Single Post
Old 18-01-2020, 01:43 PM   #3
BA-XT
2003 BA Falcon XT

Default Re: Toyota Landcruiser 300 Series to be revealed in August

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-new...-produce-220kw

I dunno if I am the target market for this anymore, but I still hold these in pretty high regard. Lots of trouble free kms all over remote Australia in the mighty Cruiser for us, and no doubt other Aussie families.

Hopefully it continues the 25 year service life, thicker glass, full stainless exhaust, made in Japan themes of past models.

People will spew at the lack of V8, but I'm more of a fan of the inline 6 TDs. Now, is the V6 mentioned in the article a petrol hybrid, or will there also be diesel/diesel hybrid versions?
I love my Falcon. And would happily hook up a small / medium caravan and tow it. But I Love big Cruisers. Few years I'll get the 105 series as a tourer. I had. Diesel 60 series. Tin worm got it in the end.

The HDT-FTE engines were the best Toyota made - with the basic 12HT- a close second. Such a smooth engine. When you start to look at how well these things are made, you realise why they cost $88k in GLX form. Keep them well maintained and they'll go a million.

The only exception are the 78 / 79 models. $77k for what is pretty much the same interior as my old 60 series, and they wheel track is wider at the front.

IMPCO LPG Vapour Injection.

DETAILING
Meguiar's NXT Car Wash
Collonite #845 Insulator Wax
Bowden's Own Happy Ending & Fully Slick
Chemtech CT-18 Truck Wash (Wheels & Chassis)
Bowden's Own Wheely Clean & Tyre Sheen
Bowden's Own Three Way Paint Decontamination Spray

OILS AND FILTERS
Nulon Full Synthetic 10w-40
Nulon Long Life Coolant
Ryco Oil & Air Filters

My Instagram Account: @ba_falcon2003
BA-XT is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: