View Single Post
Old 22-04-2005, 11:27 PM   #19
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

u got a good buy i reckon. my parents paid $4000 for my 89 TX5 (it is a ghia though) but had reasonably low kms (220k in bout 01 or 02 only put 27k on it). havent had any probs wit engine nor has it broke down.

believe me if all i had to pay for was the clutch and gasket id b happy. ive spent more than $6000 on my car for a $4000 car.

a head gasket is a bitch on any car.

now my clear coat is goin and that would be $$$. ive been waitn for an exact answer aswell

i have no idea as an exact figure (been searching whether u can do a clear coat again or need a full respray, and which would b worth doin). i think u need to strip the whole section that needs to b redone to redo anythn regardless of paint or clear coat.

im waitn for mine to flake off naturally and ive heard u can even get u paint buffed and comes up reasonably good (not sure if its true or not)

dont know if its worth doin respray or not. if ur not goin to keep ur car for ages prolly not worth it. my car is would look a million bucks if it got redone as its in good nick mechanically wise now that everythn that can has been fixed.

basically whether sumthn screws up or not its the luck of the draw.

ive put too much into my car just to let it turn to a shit heap and now it seems it will b a long term car as i just cant afford anythn.

i think it all comes down to whether its gonna b a long term car and if ur gonna mod it.

if i find out anythn ill let ya know and if u find sumthn out drop us a line

cheers
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote