View Single Post
Old 27-05-2008, 11:13 PM   #6
kcej
2mny projects 2 lttl time

Default exhaust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge
Mine started playing up a while ago (over a year now), steering got really loose, boots were torn etc... but what really finished it off is when i went to install a new high pressure hose I used a little too much elbow grease and cracked the inlet thread on the steering rack and the bloody thing fell out in pieces........... :togo:

As said above regarding removal of the exhaust, is that absolutely necessary? if so do I need some type of sealer to put it back on or just bolt the bugger back in? cheers and thanks for your help fellas.
I've done two recently WITHOUT touching the exhaust, tho it said in the book you have to.????????
Had to remove the swaybar tho, well, not really remove, but removed the two brackets that mount it to the chassis, left the ends connected. it just swings out of the way, but its easy as.......
If you do remove the exhaust you should use new gaskets OR a tube of Maniseal or the like.
Didn't need tube spanner for the lines, but then I guess mine weren't overtightened previously.
If you don't get the wheel alignment after, or can't afford it, do your tyres a favor and at the VERY LEAST, line the wheels up by sight, but best to spend the few bucks on a proper alignment.
kcej is offline   Reply With Quote