View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 12:04 AM   #8
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentofchange
I intend to run wires connected to the (+) and (-) terminals to the side of the car so if the battery does go flat I can easily hook up another one.

Even if the alarm system fails it dont think it will really matter. The keypad is self contained and maintains its own pin codes etc. It triggers a relay to turn the alarm on/off (as far as I can tell). I think it also triggers the relays for the central locking.

As far as I know the AUII has two relays for the doors - one which unlocks the drivers side and one which unlocks the other three.

I figure its unlikely for both to break at the same time so I should always be able to get into the car.

(So long as there is power, and if the battery is flat the car is not going anywhere unitl I get some power from somewhere. When I do I can power the door system from the side of the car as I mentioned.)
Yeah its only supply you have to worry about and keeping the supply points well hidden, the keypad will art a thief to look for something different so those auxilliary terminals will have to be behind a panel that requires tools and Time to remove. And for some the keypad will be like a steal-me magnet, some thieves like a challenge too.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote