View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 11:25 PM   #2761
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Doing the run around for a friend to help them buy a good used car.

Call one person on the Monday - Sorry, busy all week. First viewing will be Friday morning.

Msg them Thursday to confirm time - Sorry, car was sold yesterday. Yet it's been 2 weeks and it's still listed as for sale.

Another add read real sweet. Timing belt changed, services up to date. Owner overseas. Look at the car. Owner didn't sign selling papers - apparently they can be signed and returned within 24 hrs. Hmmm sure. Oh, the receipts for said work? Lost - of course...

Call another girl. Have it got 2 keys? Yep! Arrive to find that the second key is a blank that hasn't been cut or programmed. Yep - I guess I needed to clarify that the keys needed to be functional. Car was a basket case as well. Disgusting really how some people treat their vehicles.

Call another person. Tell them that the RMS states they have a base model with a smaller engine - please clarify what you are selling. A 'mistake' of course. Then when they fix the listing they jack up the price from $5k to $6k when I tell them I want an inspection. Shouldn't they be dropping the bloody price?

Called another person - car was sold a month ago. Still advertised. And it's dirt cheap as well - wouldn't they have enough of the constant phone calls and messages??

Do another inspection. Car has really bad musty smell. Get a very confused look when I tell them they have obvious internal leaking. Nope - apparently it's all in my imagination. Till I open the boot and check the spare wheel well to find a nice water and rust stain all along the floor and in the wheel well as well as a very rusted out spare that has a tyre that is growing white mould. Apparently he never noticed it before... apparently...

Get to another inspection. Notice the person using the keys to open the door. He informs me that the central locking fob just needs a new battery. Apparently they haven't bothered changing it in the 2 years they owned the car. Then he tells me that the central locking plays up and to lock the car you need to first press the door button then use the key to lock the drivers door. Yeah... right. What's a battery $5...

Same guy tells me he is keen to sell. Ready to go as soon as cash is produced. Get there, already ****ed off about the door locks. Look at the rego papers - it's in a girls name. Apparently the car is owned by the guys girlfriends mum - who is at work and didn't sign anything. He had the most confused, look when I said the seller needs to sign to sell the car. Apparently not according to him till I pointed it out.

And on the previous day the guy was saying the car has no issues, and is ready to drive away after purchase when the right amount of cash is produced. Bloody time waster...

Another car - seller seems to be actually afraid of speaking or interacting with real people. Only wants to communicate vie the Carsales App, refuses requests to provide a phone number or call me back. No problem, but each msg I send them has a 2 day turn around for a reply....

Read another add - this time from a dealer. 'Only contact me if you are buying - don't waste my time with questions' - or words to that effect. Not joking.

Another dealer - Booked car in for 10am test drive 2 days prior. Arrive to find the car 10 cars deep in the lot. Guy was surprised that I showed, like he was expecting me to not turn up. Only took then 20 minutes of shuffling to get the car out.

I work some night shifts. I think some phone calls at 2 or 3 am to the tossers that have sold their cars but can't be bothered removing them is in order.. Perhaps then they will remove the car. I hope they get real upset when they ask why I'm calling them at that time lol... I'll ask them why they can't be bothered removing their adds when sold - logical you would think?

Call another seller. Sounded good on the phone. Asked for VIN to do my checks. Guy was out but promised he would send them in the evening. never heard anything. 3 days later I get a text after asking for the VIN again 'Sorry mate - got a better offer, car is sold'. Yeah, didn't make an offer!

Carsales lists mostly phone numbers - great but around 70% of people never answered their phones, nor replied to txt msgs or voice mail.

Drive.com.au sales seem to all want contact made via the site. Sent off around 25 emails to sellers asking for a call back to have a look and NOT 1 REPLY.

Sometimes I really hate having to deal with people.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: