View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 10:40 PM   #17
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: Vfacts January 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Check your ad, those vehicles are nearly 12 months old, I bet the price is the big issue with zero takers. My bet is Ford has given the dealer final assistance payment to move them and the only way that will happen is by wholesaling them.

There’s only 11 left at the time of the add so lower price works, as we knew it would

and of course it is Adelaide where times are probably pretty hard for battlers.
I understand how it works, my point, or rather question is, if a group the size of them has 40 Focus sitting around which haven't sold and they then register them and wholesale them, does that registration and sale get included in the monthly Vfacts figures?

I can accept the demo's with a few thousand k's on them have been registered for a while, but that one with 54k's on it could quite easily have been registered last month and for all we know any number of those 40 could have been registered in January too.
If it does, then for something like Focus, which sold only 181 in January, this would skew those figures as technically the vehicles aren't actually sold to private buyers yet.

I wouldn't give too much credit to the 11/40 left marketing spin either.

Im not just pointing the finger at Ford here either, that mob has fingers in many pies, its just an ad I spotted last night and caught my attention for the low k's and the affiliation with a Brand.

As I said, im sure they (Dealers) will find a way around the new reporting criteria.
BENT_8 is online now   Reply With Quote