Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2023, 03:54 AM   #19585
mostly_broncos

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
I reckon next time we get the vaccine sorted before all the deaths and hospitals are overwhelmed.

In future any medical offical who stands in front of a microphone and is not 110% correct with the information they are trying to disseminate, will go to jail for a long time!

The excuse that the nature of science is constantly questioning outcomes, will not be a defence.

Who's with me!
why were hospitals overwhelmed though? I'm not saying they weren't but early on there was no treatment available .

The extremely ill were being put on ventilators which was basically killing the person half the time.

My point being , they didn't have a plan and were essentially panicking at the hospital. Not the medical staff but the admin , the legal staff the beancounters.

You have a different healthcare system , ours is basically a for profit cash machine where the goal is to milk as much cash from an insurance company as possible while doing as little as possible . When this thing hit the admin departments of the hospitals freaked out in about 6 different ways.

There was a test , they could tell you a week or so later you were infected , they had no treatment for mild cases and only bad treatments for severe cases. They have a thirst for money so didn't want to turn anyone away but when they absolutely had to act they killed the patient half the time.

It was a legal nightmare . the urge to bill the crap out of an insurance company balanced by the desire to avoid being sued for killing thousands of people.

At no point did anyone every say " Calm down people , we really don't have a treatment so unless you are very sick (like calling an ambulance sick) stay home and ride it out like you would a flu or a bad cold "

Hospital waiting rooms were packed with sick coughing people spreading the virus to each other . Who were then tested and sent home to wait 5 10 or 14 days to hear the results. If they didn't have covid when they went in they probably caught it from the poor stiff next to them.

The hospitals essentially behaved the same way as our garbage politicians and functionary 3rd class types, promise the moon and deliver nothing then CYA .

Next time just come out and say we don't actually know what to do , handle it yourselves as best you can. Which is what everyone figured out anyway.

In the US huge numbers of people were killed by politicians and hospital and nursing home higher ups who dumped deathly ill patients into facilities full of the people most vulnerable to getting the virus and then dying. That was all done because of money.

I don't think this happened in countries with free basic health care.

The fact is in the US if you are an 80 year old with corona who isn't dying the hospital decided to send you back to your nursing home because they want to bill someone 9000 dollars per night for a private room. If they can't get that money they kick you out. Right back into a nursing home full of vulnerable old people with no defense against the virus who died by the thousands.

Here in Mass , there was a veterans home for the elderly where the death toll was astronomical. Bureaucrats made those decisions and never paid any price.
2 users like this post: