View Single Post
Old 13-01-2020, 09:41 AM   #948
whitelion65
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Good to hear you’re turning the corner (or at least attempting to V).
I had a bad year last year, with a move, illness in the family, and getting white-anted at work.
I reached out to a new doctor, and she’s been fantastic. I went onto SSRI’s, and started to see a councillor.
If going onto meds, have a good talk with your doc, and do some research. I was almost locked away due to adverse effects of Escalitopram. I’ve played around a bit with the dose since (in consultation with the doc).
After New Year, Inwas feeling pretty good, and gave them away. Told the doc around a week later. Whilst she is supportive, I’m pretty sure that she’s worried.
The difficulty is knowing whether I’m feeling better ‘cos the meds are finally working, or if I have turned a corner.
I still have a good support network, including a session with my councillor this week.
I will say ‘though, that the physical symptoms from withdrawal are f@#$ horrible! Doc warned me that I should have eased off, not cold turkey. Giving the booze a miss too, which has been good, although I have been having some on the weekend. Balancing the booze vs booze-free days, I’m going to try for a total cut. Any social events, I can still have a drink, and not feel guilty.
Enough rambling!
Stay strong folks, put one foot in front of the other, if that’s all you can do. Where there’s life, there’s hope. Talking to people has been the best thing for me.
Hoping I can maintain the course.
Solidarity!
Moondust silver
2016 Focus Trend, 1.5ecoboost, 6sp manual.
Frozen white

Previous
2004 Berlina Wagon (LS1) Vespers Blue
1995 Camry 2.2, white
1971 Ford Fairmont wagon 302w, C4 Polar white
1971 TC Cortina, 2L 4sp, Ermine white
whitelion65 is offline   Reply With Quote
9 users like this post: