View Single Post
Old 30-10-2020, 11:19 AM   #1172
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
Is weight gain a side effect of anxiety and depression?

I had a mini break down about 2 days ago. Not sure what triggered it but work was getting on top of me big time. I also felt emotional and thinking my late father and my uncle who both passed this year within 4 months of each other. I had all these negative emotions going through me and I lost it.

It was only until I was able to open up to the wife more and talk to her about how I was feeling that some of the anxiety had released. Not a lot, but enough to release tension and some of the demons in my own head.

I joined up with Mensline.org to have as back up to chat to someone. I think taking that step made me realize it was long overdue to do something.
It did for me. I noticed the change when I looked at photos . I think it was due to exercising less (sleeping more), and possibly consuming more and more unhealthy stuff. A few years ago I was put on something to help me sleep and I noticed it helped me put on a lot of weight....arghhh. But you can tackle it quickly once you get your head in the right space.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: