View Single Post
Old 25-01-2020, 11:23 PM   #30
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Default Re: rego check failure and possible compensation, reprisal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
It’s a safety inspection that says on the day it met the criteria to be deemed roadworthy, it doesn’t warrant the car for any period it doesn’t do any repairs.

I don’t know the car, and perhaps the inspector overlooked somthing, I really don’t know, but in 3months you would think if it was ready to jump out at any moment due to ware they usually make a bit of a racket and flop about, so you would wonder why the driver didn’t get that checked out?

Even if you you know nothing about cars if it starts making a noise you get it checked out, I know my wife and son always do. Because I’m the one who gets asked to do the checking ou
"It’s a safety inspection that says on the day it met the criteria to be deemed roadworthy" on that day it was rooted. a flogged out ball joint will show.

the ute is basicly an a to b daliy, @about 185km round trip per day, high way travel, mature woman driver.

i cant argue that the worn ball joint didn,t show signs of bad road manners, i will be telling my friend to be aware of poor road travel/handling. and waving my finger at her.
i,m point the finger at the "road worthy inspection" as she did rely on this to have her car checked for road safety.

i think i will tell her about this post and she will see that a rego check is not worth the paper its written on.
Pis-ton broke is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: