View Single Post
Old 13-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #27
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 
Default Re: The Definitive AU Diff Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
Drop Chris or Theo at Blupower a PM Dave, they should be able to help Northern Diffs next door is Chris's old man
Last time I sent them both PM's about something else, I didn't even get the courtesy of a reply...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
I ran 3.9's with mine, and nothing was different?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
I have fitted an XR6 diff and speedo cog to my car. I didn't need to change anything on my ecu when I got mine done. This was all before the s/c and any tuning. Drove it fine as it is. Still using the stock ecu as well. The Ecu is a learning computer as you know anyway, so it will get used to your driving style and cater for any changes.
Thanks guys, this puts my mind at ease somewhat...if the ECU is going to relearn stuff anyway, then that's great.....I may well end up getting a J3 down the track anyway, for $200 a customised tune sent to me, and this can be further refined on a dyno...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
I normally drive around without the econ button on anyway. Seems to hold revs higher before changing anyway.
'Power' mode does hold revs longing before changing....designed for towing or when 'economy' mode is just too slow I usually drive in power mode as I find a minimal difference with regards to fuel economy when not being crazy. I also find the transmission also kicks down more readily and this helps with things like overtaking etc.