View Single Post
Old 15-12-2011, 04:45 PM   #14
prasac
Banned

Default Re: E85 vs THE REST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
Backing up what Prasac said:
First of all, E85 is thicker in consistency than regular fuel. Second your standard fuel pump wont be able to handle the thickness and in turn due to its thickness you need to pump a lot more into the engine to get the amount of 'bang' required to get the engine moving. Due to the thickness also, your injectors won't be able to cope as well either. The ecu will need to be retuned to accept the new fuel as well. Fuel line thickness will need to be upgraded to feed the engine. The fuel consumption is more than regular fuel due to the thickness and consistency of it.

I run a 40% blend due to my fuel lines and current size of the injectors aren't able to cope with the demand required. My after market fuel pump is fine though. I was told a minimum of 60lb injectors are required along with bigger fuel lines are what is needed to fun straight E85.
who told you that? what size are the fuel lines? there is 2 x -6 on the 6-cylinder making about 1150hp @ motor on E85. that is about 1500hp gasoline. fuel pressure sits on about 50-60psi.

get 20L of gasoline and then get 20L of E85 put them in a drum and measure.

Last edited by prasac; 15-12-2011 at 04:59 PM.
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote