View Single Post
Old 22-03-2024, 07:07 PM   #4
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: The VF Commodore at 10

Got a VF and VFII Evoke Sportwagon as company cars at work which we abuse, weve got roof racks on them as well as cargo barriers inside. I can get them to 9.5L/100km with suburban driving and on the highway into the 7s.

They're good work vehicles that are comfortable to drive, the factory stereo is trash though it's real tinny.

If the VF had the Barra and the Miami they'd be the perfect cars, unfortunately aside from the L77/LS3 variations that 6 cylinder engine is trash I reckon.

Ours have been good reliability wise, I find that the VF Evoke with 265,000km on it drives way better than the VFII Evoke with 114,000km, so I always take the older banger when doing work driving, it has way more go for some reason.

I prefer the look of the VE over the VF, more masculine looking, the VF is too Euro.

As far as a car goes, easily the best cars ever made to come out of Australia, it's a generation ahead of an FGX, it's just massively let down by the trash GM V6, they should have used the 2.8L single turbo version they were making for SAAB in Port Melbourne, would give it lots of low down torque.

Have a turbo 4 as the base engine, the SV6 with the 2.8L turbo V6 shared with SAAB and then the usual L77 and LS3.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 22-03-2024 at 07:16 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: