View Single Post
Old 18-02-2020, 05:26 PM   #1213
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Will the Holden brand survive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
The part where Fordies care about Holden's extinction.

Yes, that was my comment and in reality it is fact, its not rubbishing them, just pointing out that GM used the Holden branding to sell their inferior products to people who we're easily fooled.
I didn't want to see them go though, Holden has been part of the social fabric of my neighbourhood from birth, it is an icon I never thought i'd see go under in my lifetime and something many of us from the north of Adelaide just took for granted in reality, however, I shed my tears with my production line mates when the announcement was made, although the media is desperate to have one last tug on the heart strings over this recent decision, that horse has bolted for the people who cared for the cars.

For the record, from a purely mechanical point of view there is only one Holden product built in this country which i'd take over the Ford equivalent and that would be a VL Commodore in i6 form for obvious reasons as the rest are nowhere near as good, but when looks are considered i'd favour a HQ over an XA, a HZ over an XC, and a VT over an AU, that's it.
People caring about other people. Apart from VT over AU....you need glasses ....personally I actually fell in love with the VH SL/E shadow tone 5L and then the XE Ghia ESP came out and it was lust...
2 users like this post: