Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: New family daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by monkeys View Post
Yup. Dont get me started.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...21732747/?Cr=9

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...1756409/?Cr=17

These were my picks in that range given the accessories on the car i.e. bullbar, roof racks, lights - with the wife mainly driving this car inc. highway driving hence the Ranger stood out except the colour Higher spec is good too for comfort and seat cleaning with 2 skids.
The thing is you don't know about how well all those accessories were fitted and if they've been in for the recall for the injectors on the Ranger or condition of the DPF on both vehicles.

I'd be suspicious of a car with low kilometers for it's age, it could mean it's done a lot of suburban driving or short trips which is anathema for the DPF.

You've got absolutely no warranty on the accessory fitment, or the DPF, the latter is a four figure filter that starts with a 3, 4, 5 or a 6 and on the Hilux it's known to be an issue - then you're in the hands of our ****weak consumer law, where you're the second owner attempting to fight a private company who has no buy-in from you who are going to pull out all the stops to prevent you getting a four figure filter out of them.

Personally I think you're better off with a new povvo spec Ranger and then pay the extra for the accessories you want, optioned up by the dealership, that way you've got the manufacturer warranty of a new vehicle rather than rolling the dice with circa $60,000.

It's one thing rolling the dice on $5000-$10,000 ****boxes, it's another scoring a $60,000 ****box.

If you're worried about missing out on the ICC, the povvo spec Ranger has a massive ICC, go test drive one before you make a decision. We're also talking about the newest Thailand Special on the block here so it won't be as bad as what you think even though she's povvo spec.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 28-03-2023 at 06:14 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: