View Single Post
Old 29-01-2022, 12:18 PM   #41
david837465
Starter Motor

Default Re: New rear shocks 2015 Mondeo

Hello again. Just saw Triga's post so thought I'd give an update on where I'm at. I think I have all the parts now. Bilstein shocks 19-250335. Lesjofors springs 4227644. Dust cover kit 350194. Once I had these I had my mechanic try to fit them. Unfortunately it didn't quite work out. The bracket the shock pin goes into was too big. You see the Nivomats use a 14mm pin whereas the standard shocks use a 10mm pin.

However, Ford UK sell the 10mm bracket for a mere $55 each. But of course, they will not ship to Australia. Ford Australia do actually sell the 10mm bracket......... for $190 each!!! (and there was only 1 in the country at the time). Even the guy at my local Ford dealer couldn't believe that mark up, so he actually gave me the part number so I could look for it on ebay (something they never do!). So after some searching I managed to order 2 of the brackets on ebay from Lithuania for $100 each. They've just arrived and everything looks like it fits together so fingers crossed! The part number is 5278397 (UK) or DG9C-18A116-AXF (international).

After all that and fitting I'll probably have spent around $1000 - $1200, still half the price of the Nivomats! And these will probably last a lot longer. If you want to give it a go, the most cost effective solution would be the kit from GEParts in Sweden (see my earlier post). But if you do order it, arrange for your own courier. DHL or Fedex, one with experience in bringing gas canisters in to the country (see earlier posts).

Another option, if you know someone in the UK, would be to order the parts for delivery to them, and have them ship it all over here.

I ordered mine through a UK website and paid their shipping costs $145 for the lot. So, if you can, try to order everything from the same site, it will cost you less. I did see the 10mm bracket on the website at the time I ordered the shocks and springs but didn't realise I needed it. D'oh!

I still can't believe how much Ford Australia rip off their customers. Just because the Nivomats are fitted as standard here shouldn't mean we are forced to replace like for like when Ford obviously manufactures cheaper replacements for the standard suspension they fit in other countries. And as for the $190 bracket, that's just taking the p***!!!

Hope this all helps. I'll update again once I've been back to my mechanic
david837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: