View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 07:40 AM   #217
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 
Default Re: Photobucket... WTF!!

It does look like postimage is a pretty good option for free image hosting, but I'll just add in a few comments here by way of interest.

.ORG domains are usually intended for non-profit organizations. However, there's nothing legally preventing anyone from using a .ORG domain for a for-profit business, or a .NET domain for a nonprofit group. Many companies snap up all three variants in order to help protect their branding.
Refer:
https://brainwrap.com/blog/10/02/28/...rg_domain_name

Postimage doesn't seem to provide any descriptions on account sizes or upload limits etc. Or did I miss that somewhere?

Postimage did appear to have a 'survival crisis' of some sort late last year. Google up 'postimage.org shutdown' for some links to the online chatter.

I would assume that postimage is just as vulnerable to longevity problems or financial issues as any of the other players in the 'free image hosting' game. There is also the possibility that postimage may one day be aquired by one of the other larger image hosting companies. I don't mean to burst the bubble on the postimage option, just adding in a few comments for consideration is all.

In terms of the most reliable image bank system for build threads, my thoughts still tend toward the gallery right here with the ford forums or the use of a personal domain name/web space etc.
EB# is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: