View Single Post
Old 14-06-2016, 06:38 PM   #19
Mondaveo

Default Re: Powershift data logs and P0715

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchu View Post
Yes it's drivable, but it could be very inconvenient or dangerous if you lose drive at the wrong moment.

(...) Consider also that if you need it fixed you may be waiting some time on parts. It took 1 month for my mechatronic unit to be replaced!

I'd be going straight to Ford for a diagnosis, report and quote for their recommended fix and check part stock. It might cost $150 odd to get this done but once informed you can start battling for it to be fixed for free or share costs under Aust. Consumer Law.
I think you are right on this... the safety issue is very real, considering it's making every intersection feel like a test of confidence; and the one time I lost drive happened while doing 110 on the Hume highway, miles between towns, and with the Mrs and baby on board. The lead time to get parts in is worth bearing in mind too.

Need to wait a bit for cash flow, but will look at getting it in shortly. Do you think I should mention P0715 and the use of a scanner - is the idea of plugging stuff in likely to be touchy or considered hacking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.

Last edited by Mondaveo; 14-06-2016 at 06:49 PM.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote