View Single Post
Old 06-11-2023, 06:20 PM   #55
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Favorite Car Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post
Not the best looker but like the AU Falcon not a patch on the new **** today. I followed a new Forester the other day, ugly awkward tail light design that doesn’t flow or align with the rest of the car, same deal with one of the new Hyundai SUVs with tail lights that look like two claws sticking down, or the new Mitsubishi Outlander that has a whole lot of contrasting lines and shapes on the front end. do people buy this **** and think it looks good…

Lexus SC dash is a rip off of the Jaguar XK8. But minimalist for the day, nearly all high end interiors in the early to mid 2000s were loaded with an eye sore of buttons/switches and dated integrated infotainment set ups. Worst offender Land Rover Disco 3 and L322 Ranger Rover/Sport.
I wrote this thread back in 2020, with a focus the trend of over-designing in an attempt to garner attention. Sadly, that trend is at the expense of classic proportions and subtle beauty.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showth...ghlight=design

"With car companies focused on the demand for SUV’s, sales of sedans have plummeted over the last decade. With that, of manufacturers that have continued to make sedans, they have tried to style them in a way to grab the attention of the buyers and perhaps distract them from the pumped-up SUV on the other side of the showroom.

Some car companies have been successful to a degree at injecting style into an otherwise boring vehicle. Mercedes Benz hit the bullseye on the original CLS but in an attempt to keep it fresh, they over-designed it. And its the over designing of cars, and sedans in this case, that bugs me. Some cars have so many body lines and creases that they look like they have been in a fender bender".
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote