View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 11:04 AM   #5
KingRat
Starter Motor

I'm in Melbourne yoga_hoops. Which wrecker are you talking about? and is it a manual?

I have a feeling it was stuffed up by the mechanic because I recently got my engine changed (long story and my own fault)... but then again, it ran fine for 2/3 weeks and then the clutch gave way... was told that the plates were weak (about 50%) while he was changing the engine.. but I didnt know where to lookand the new ones from Ford were 1400 bucks! which was ridiculous, so I decided to not change them...

After the clutch gave way,I took it back to the mechanics thinking the clutch plates are gone... but hes told me that its actually the lines... and he has tried to fix it a few times and cant, so wants to replace them... I think its his first time working on acougar, and I dont know, he might not be very experienced... but I didnt want to spend too much money on it atthe time and he seemed reasonably priced... should have got it done once and got it done properly.Anyways, so my dilemma is, I need those replacement lines... because thats what he thinks is the problem and wants to replace them.

The wreckers I have checked in melbourne so far have got cougars that are auto... need one from a manual.

the mechanic checked with ford and they dont make it anymore... so I need to find it somewhere else. Any websites? I checked rockauto but didnt really find it in the list for mercury and for ford cougar.

Does anyone know of a wrecked manual cougar? or some place I could order the part?

Cheers,
Oz
KingRat is offline   Reply With Quote