View Single Post
Old 25-10-2020, 05:41 PM   #7226
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

Some interesting figures here on "excess mortality" (comparing total deaths to see if more people are actually dying) UK is interesting, I thought the new interpretation of a covid death was the reason for their massive shift in the death rate. In the first wave death form all causes was up over 100% (doubled), yet now with well over double the cases over a long period of time the overall death rate is only up 3%.

Something doesn't stack up, these sort of numbers point to something massively different in the outcome of contracting the virus, why is the medical fraternity mute on this? Are they holding back to protect us again? Just like "masks don't help", are they worried that the population wont take the virus as seriously if the mention these figures?

I think looking at these we can see the different way of counting deaths in the UK is not the reason for the massively lower numbers. It is just nowhere near as many people are dying from it.
I've noticed this, and I reckon its a combination of things. We now have a better knowledge of this virus and are better equipped to deal with it. I wonder how many patients were mistreated in the first wave that contributed to deaths. With varying restrictions in place, unlike the first wave, hospitals aren't being overwhelmed...yet.

But I honestly believe the biggest contributing factor is that the virus has mutated, as most viruses do. It has become more infections but less potent. Virus wants to spread, not kill. It can't spread if it kills the host. But who wants to take the gamble and let it rip?
2 users like this post: