View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 06:16 PM   #78
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Century Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_zetec View Post
Also i was taught early on in my automotive life to always check the cells and top up the water with demineralised back when most batteries were the maintenance type with caps.

Used to get a good life outta those...about 7 or 8 years.

I remember one old Falcon i had i never replaced the battery as long as i owned it, and it was an NRMA one that looked ancient, all i did was what i said above.
First module when I was an apprentice was test and charge batteries, which I think was written 30 years before I started my apprenticeship

Anyone else here still hesitant to put batteries on concrete floors? Its the 'chicken soup fixes all' wives tale of the automotive industry, no one can explain whether it actually discharges/damages batteries but I still won't do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
When I returned mine it almost seems that the guy dealing with battery returns is sick of dealing with it.
I think its more the whole industry rather than specifically the battery returns, everyone in the game dreams about doing better jobs, like picking up rubbish on the side of freeways, cleaning graffiti or flipping burgers at Maccas

Curious to what brands off grid power installations use for flooded lead acid batteries, I vaguely remember a conversation with my Century rep that there was another brand under the same group, I thought they'd just use their industrial deep cycle range but it seems there's something else.

While more and more people are using lithium, I'm still hesitant to involve myself with that stuff when people ask about it.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 02-07-2022 at 06:25 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: