View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 08:30 PM   #51
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The FGX as the ultimate enthusiast collectors falcon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmo82 View Post
I was tossing up between getting a new FGX XR8 or a Boss 335 GT but even a 2010 manual people were still asking over $50k and I couldn't quite justify shelling out that much for a 6 year old car. I also was a bit hesitant because the FGX interior wasn't as good as my XR50 Turbo interior with the piano black ICC plus thought the FG looked better as depending on the colour the FGX didn't quite look right. But after the one drive in a silhouette FGX XR8 manual you couldn't wipe the smile off my face. And the FGX was made for that colour I'm sure of it. FGX looks a whole lot better in the flesh.
G'day ..Just about the truest statement yet ."The FGX looks a whole lot better in the flesh"..That is EXACTLY my opinion.
Back in June we had our local car show and in among about a dozen FPV Tickford and XR Club of Tasmania visiting cars there was one XR8 Sprint and two XR6 Sprints ..Absolutely gorgeous when you see them close up. I was somewhat disappointed with the rear end especially when I saw pictures back in 2014/15 of the new FGX..Now I really like it..I like the whole car actually..

I genuinely believe the FGX will hold a certain monetary value because it's the last model and the Sprint absolutely will carry a respectable value given there will only ever be 1250 or so in total..

The GTHO ..I cannot believe though that any other Falcon will ever replace it as the most valuable. It isn't the fastest anymore , it doesn't handle or stop anywhere as good as later models BUT the aura of the car just transcends all the rest .

Just shows ya'...
Tell you what though ..I'd love to know many of the three hundred odd genuine Phase 3 GTHO's are REALLY still road going , legal and in existence..
Does anyone know before I look it up somewhere ?
Cheers Rod...

Last edited by roddy1960; 12-09-2016 at 08:58 PM.
2 users like this post: