View Single Post
Old 27-07-2019, 10:31 AM   #26
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mondeo to cease and be reborn as an Outbacky thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Roddy all hope is not lost... the younger one bought an FG1 XR6 that looks very much like yours, couldn't get him to consider a Suby wagon (excellent snowboarder) - it had to be a sedan.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vid...ns-survey-says

https://www.wardsauto.com/industry/n...e-drawn-sedans

It will be cyclical, they will come back, it's just Gen Z doesn't have the career development as yet to justify the expensive SUVs brand new, or the sedans they apparently prefer. Younger one's other fav was the 2015 A4 sedan...

Edit: all those nice 90's and 2000's sedans now going for a pittance... hmmm
That's quite interesting info ...Would be great to have the option for a bit longer yet . On older drivers I guess the higher seating position of the larger SUV's is an advantage to help see and reach things a tiny bit easier and maybe allow them to drive a little longer. About 10 days ago my work mate who owns a 2005 Mitsubishi 380 was coming home from his son's place when a ute coming the other way blew a tyre on his wood laden trailer . Several unsecured blocks came off as Muzz arrived at the corner ..He smashed over them and wrecked the front end and suspension out of his car but thankfully no one injured.

He was telling me yesterday that the insurance company wrote it off as the repair outweighs the value of the car .. He's looking at a near new Mitsubishi ASX today with his missus. They got a Kia Cerato on loan and decided they wanted a small SUV ..He's 64 years old as of a month ago. He told me he likes the idea of a small to mid SUV . Didn't entertain the thought of another sedan. Fair enough I thought ...That's where it's generally heading nowadays so maybe in a week or two there'll be another SUV in our car park .My XR6 or AU will be an even larger minority I expect . Us sedan , hatch , ute and station wagoneers are the rebels maybe as time goes on .

To be fair though the only SUV style vehicles I've driven in the past year are a Mitsubishi Pajero , I think 2015 build and a 2019 Subaru Forester . They are work vehicles . Nice tech and all , only short drives both times but was not convinced I'd be excited to get rid of my Falcon for either of them .. Then again maybe it's a mindset thing with me...Who knows ..

Last edited by roddy1960; 27-07-2019 at 10:48 AM.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote