Old 29-02-2020, 02:20 PM   #3050
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed View Post
That's normal, it's how they work.
Are you new to towing?

FWIW I think you've shown good common courtesy by telling them of the defects, any more would be meddling in someone else's business.
Not new to towing at all. Yes inertia brakes are clunky, but when they work its different to the trailer punching the car when you back off and it was unsettling the car. I have owned a boat on a braked trailer for almost 17 years. So have had to make adjustments over the years. Ill give the benefit of the doubt to they put it back because it was a friday arvo. Ive had it happen before where you go to pick up a rental on a monday morning and they scan it and the notes on their scan thingy say it needs repair so they dont send that one out. Also in the same token if its the first rental since a repair they tell you what repair was done so you know atleast. The lax attitude was what gets me a bit though. The last time i had returned a lift with a minor fault, ages ago, it was taken a bit more seriously and the guys were appologetic and halved the cost. It was a bad return spring on 1 lever that knocked out the other controls. Didnt take long to work that out and do the job, and 2 days later i rented the same lift, was told it was the first rental since the repair and what the repair was, the lift was fixed. Same mob i rented the one from yesterday, but actual customer service.
And dunno how long my aprenti would have been stuck in the air if he was alone. Reason being you never work off a lift without a spotter on the ground. Or without a licence for the equipment. Thats not being extra about workplace safety, its just common sense and avoiding any reason for workcover to pick you to pieces. Ive seen people get fines for the smallest of things over the years, like having a sticker on a hard hat on a construction site, even sitting on an esky at smoko.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote