Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 07:43 PM   #171
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallye Sport View Post
The combo tools are a good one to consider, most brands are making them nowadays. The initial outlay is about the same as a good line trimmer but after that the attachments are relatively cheap. You can get line trimmers, edgers, blowers, saws and rotary hoes to name a few. Keep an eye out after financial year and you can get some ex-fleet ones cheap. Mine cost about $200. They're easier to store than individual tools giving more shed room for the all important cars and parts.
Combi tools are great. I have the Stihl KM 56 RC engine.

Have been using this as my line trimmer for the last 10 months and was sick of the weight hence the Husqvarna.

Regarding bent shafts, I had always preferred these for some reason. I still have a FS 45, which replaced another FS 45 that broke its drive cable/shaft. Was cheaper to replace the whole unit than having it repaired. I got my money worth out of it. I was running these, again, for the weight factor, 4.1 kg.

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote