Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 12:17 PM   #9005
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Default Re: Covid 19 -

NSW Deputy Premier John Barilaro tells Mark McGowan his COVID-19 lecturing could 'bite him on the bum'

"It was never about elimination, we know we can't eliminate it, it's about no community transmission," Mr Barilaro told Nine Radio.

"For Mark McGowan it's easy, he puts up the borders in Western Australia, he cuts himself off from the rest of the nation, he called me un-Australian when I questioned him on his lecturing of New South Wales."

"We've had COVID deaths in this nation but we're going to have more deaths from mental health, from people being locked away in isolation, people not being able to reunite with family, and Mark McGowan, that's actually what he stands for," he said.

"I'm happy to say that this morning and have a go straight back at him.

"Stop lecturing us, look after your own backyard ... but you know what, we're doing a bloody good job on the eastern seaboard and why don't you become a part of the rest of this country?"

"He's relying on royalties from mining — gee, the way China's going that may bite him on the bum," Mr Barilaro said.

"If he wants to be the type of Premier that works with the rest of us, great. But don't lecture us."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-...tures/13050172

NSW Deputy Premier John Barilaro slams WA Premier Mark McGowan over border comment

In an interview with the 2GB radio station, Mr Barilaro said he was “happy” to “have a go straight back at” Mr McGowan.

“It’s offensive, it was never about elimination. We know we can’t eliminate it. It’s suppression, it’s about no community transmission,” he said.

“Victoria has had problems, Queensland has had problems. For Mark McGowan it’s easy, he puts up the borders in WA, cuts himself off from the rest of the nation … Jeez, here he is again lecturing.”

Mr Barilaro said Mr McGowan would have to “stand for” death and suffering that would come as a result of social isolation.

“Stop lecturing us, and look after your own backyard,” he said.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work...f5573641aee529
This user likes this post: